Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Stuck in Limbo

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 8 Replies
My weight loss goals this year are just not getting on track. I keep getting postponed. I can't cut my portions or the junk food if I'm not getting more active. I just don't have the focus.

First time I went to start running and I had to stay home because my uncle went into the hospital and later passed. That meant a week of caring for my basketcase mother instead of making time for me. Then I sprained my ankle at the service!! No kidding. Spent a week on crutches and then this week just as I was about to start working up to using my ankle again I start getting intense back pain and incapacitating migraines. So I went to the chiropractor today and apparently I had managed to dislocate a rib!!! Now I have 3 days of resting before I can do even a sit up:/

Just venting ladies. I have made some healthier food choices but I want to get in full gear and not just baby steps.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cherylmoore
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Sorry you have had a rough month mama. But you are still focused, and that's awesome.  Don't give up. W are here for you

Cheryl
married to Chris 10/18/06
mother to Nathan 6/21/08

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:10 AM

((((((hugs))))) 

I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle..

I understand being derailed by injuries...I've been laid up for weeks...I have a pinched nerve in my back somewhere that has caused my left thumb to be numb all the time. I can't turn my neck fully any direction and when I do turn it in certain ways my entire left arm goes numb. My Chiropractor has put me on full rest until I see my Ortho on Monday morning...

I know it stinks, but take it easy until you are released. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Baby steps will still get you to your goal.  Just a bit slower.

When things go crazy, you really need to focus on the things you can control.  During all of this, you could control your eating.  So that's what you need to do.

Stop linking the eating and the exercise.  They DO NOT need to occur at the same time.  In fact, it is usually easier to focus on one item that requires change rather than multiple.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Hugs mama!  Baby steps...don't try to do everything at once!  Good luck!

MunchiesMom324
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I understand, completely.  I started C25K with my sister - then she sprained her ankle... then she was in the ICU for a week (septic shock froma kidney infection)... and now she's able to move around better it's flippin COLD outside.  I have been doing EA Active 2, but most days something ends up happening or my children don't understand "leave mom alone for 30 min" it's "Mom, find my crayons, turn on (some show) no, I don't want to watch this, can we play music?  Mom...."

Seriously.  The ones at home are 3 and 1.5 so they don't really entertain themselves too much. 

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post with my own vent... I'm just tired of the numbers on the scale going up up up. :(

GoldenLinds
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Hahaha! I have a 19 month old too so yea I don't get a lot of opportunities to begin with. Chasing him is how I sprained my ankle to begin with. I can't even do yoga in the living room around him because if ido childs pose or my head is down at any point he flips out like I've died on the floor. He pulls at my hair and screams. Its so bizarre. Once I'm up he's fine but it puts yoga out off the table:/

Quoting MunchiesMom324:

I understand, completely.  I started C25K with my sister - then she sprained her ankle... then she was in the ICU for a week (septic shock froma kidney infection)... and now she's able to move around better it's flippin COLD outside.  I have been doing EA Active 2, but most days something ends up happening or my children don't understand "leave mom alone for 30 min" it's "Mom, find my crayons, turn on (some show) no, I don't want to watch this, can we play music?  Mom...."

Seriously.  The ones at home are 3 and 1.5 so they don't really entertain themselves too much. 

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post with my own vent... I'm just tired of the numbers on the scale going up up up. :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I wanted to have a "path" but it never works for me because life happens so think of what you can do today. Try not to.give yourself a set place to be because losing weight is about lifestyle changes. For me, I have not been able to exercise so I have to focus on my food. We had to adjust to life's curveball as best we can but still maintain our daily expectations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MunchiesMom324
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM

lol, Jeremy will be 19m on the 6th - I don't get anything done because as soon as I focus on something besides him, I hear him climbing in the diswasher or pulling things out of the refridgerator or swinging from a light fixture or something equally destructive.  It's my 3y/o Ben that insists on being waited on hand and foot and will do anything to make sure he's the center of attention. 

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Hahaha! I have a 19 month old too so yea I don't get a lot of opportunities to begin with. Chasing him is how I sprained my ankle to begin with. I can't even do yoga in the living room around him because if ido childs pose or my head is down at any point he flips out like I've died on the floor. He pulls at my hair and screams. Its so bizarre. Once I'm up he's fine but it puts yoga out off the table:/

Quoting MunchiesMom324:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)