Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm going try something new **EDIT major update!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok major update...
I did something very wrong. I think Suz is right...I def shouldn't log my calories if I'm gonna do this. I got so stressed. Then I felt super hungry. Kept eating fruit...wasn't even touching my hunger. Tried a few crackers. Nope. Bagel w cream cheese. Nope. Nick said hey you want subway??? Sure I might as well have a freaking cheat day at this point. Tuna sub later...ugh!!! Over 2800 calories today and now I feel like a failure. Starting over tomorrow and NOT logging. Maybe I'll do better.

I'm trying something new for the next week or so. I'm not going to worry about calories. Instead I'm going to continue to limit grains and focus on eating plenty of healthy fats, protein, fruit and veggies. I'm going to eat when I'm hungry instead of just at certain times during the day. I'm spending too much time waiting to be able to eat. It's ridiculous I'm always freaking hungry. I can't live like that. I'll still log my food just to see my calorie intake, but not worry if I go "over". I'm hoping this works well bc it's the only way I'm ever going to free myself from logging all my foods forever. Fingers crossed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Replies (11-17):
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Blah. Going to bed soon to forget this day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM
I am not counting calories this time. I was obsessive about weighing/measuring my food and counting calories last time and it caused me a lot of stress.

I have lost 14 pounds in less than a month and I am so much more relaxed. As long as I am eating healthy, I don't have to worry about it. I just eat when I'm hungry. It's been wonderful! Good luck, momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting caterpilar:

I am not counting calories this time. I was obsessive about weighing/measuring my food and counting calories last time and it caused me a lot of stress.

I have lost 14 pounds in less than a month and I am so much more relaxed. As long as I am eating healthy, I don't have to worry about it. I just eat when I'm hungry. It's been wonderful! Good luck, momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Ok it's a new day!! Back at it! Busy traveling day today. I have to drive two hrs to CT for the wake of a family friend. Then back home again later. On my own, no hubby or kids. So might actually be easier today than yesterday. No exercise though, so I need to be good with food!!! Wish me luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Hugs and good luck mama!

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Hugs! Im glad you decided not to count. Having a rough idea is enough. I noticed when you are hungry you eat carbs, try fats and protein and you may not be as hungry!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dmwood
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)