Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to make a game plan...

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 4 Replies

Tomorrow we are going to my parents' house to celebrate my dad's birthday and my husband's birthday.  I can avoid the cake and ice cream, no problem.  I never have had trouble passing up cake.  I do like ice cream, but I'm not eating sugar.  However, since we are spending most of the day helping move things out of my grandfather's old apartment, my dad said we are going to have dinner at a Chinese restauarant instead of trying to make dinner for everyone at their house.  I need to figure out how to eat as Paleo as possible in the face of some of my favorite things (fried rice especially).  It'll be a test, but I can do it. 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
itsm3
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM

bring something to eat and eat before you go to the restaurant. 

Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Quoting itsm3:

I probably will do that and just hit the salad bar and fresh fruit at the restaurant.  I'd feel really awkward not eating at all.  Then eat something more substantial while everyone's eating cake at my parents' house.  I'm also walking 10 miles in the morning, so I'm not really worried calorie-wise... just don't want to eat junk because it's in my face =)

itsm3
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

i always do this.. if it's a restaurant i know that serves healthy food, i will eat there.  if it's a questionable restaurant or one where i don't know about/unfamiliar with their menu, i eat 2hrs before we're supposed to eat there and then have a small snack of salad or fruit or veggies or whatever.  that way i'm still eating with the rest of the group & enjoying the company/meal but don't derail my eating habits.

but do remember that ONE not-so-great meal will not derail your progress.  it takes consistent over-eating of your caloric target to put on weight... unless you're the type that has a hard time controlling yourself/with your portions once you start...then it's better to stay away than start a frenzy, kwim?  i'm like that with sour cream and onion chips... i can't just have one so i just stay away from it all!

Quoting Silvertears1275:

Quoting itsm3:

I probably will do that and just hit the salad bar and fresh fruit at the restaurant.  I'd feel really awkward not eating at all.  Then eat something more substantial while everyone's eating cake at my parents' house.  I'm also walking 10 miles in the morning, so I'm not really worried calorie-wise... just don't want to eat junk because it's in my face =)

MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)