Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I definitely need advice, worried about undoing the work

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM
  • 9 Replies

Today my son and I were going over some more stuff for our family trip. We are seeing my side of the family for the first time in 2 years (It will be 3 years and 4 months by then). I thought about all of the things we want to do, and the plans we have. We are going to Disneyland and visiting all of the different places I used to go to as a kid.

***So now the concern***

I know I am less than a week into my diet, but I know I can keep going. I am worried that while I am there (Especially at Disneyland) I will fall off track.

Does anyone have any tips on how to do a Disneyland trip, but keeping from hurting the progress I am going to be making?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Duquesne
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Just eat in moderation:). You'll be getting a lot of exercise, so a treat here and there won't kill you or add six lbs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cherylmoore
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Do mfp while you are gone. Splurge when you want to but make allowances for it with the other parts of your day.  If you are going to have a real heavy meal try to make it early in the day, meaning lunch instead of dinner so you have time to burn it off before bed

Cheryl
married to Chris 10/18/06
mother to Nathan 6/21/08

Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I've never been to Disney, but I have seen enough to know it'll be very tempting to go nuts!  You will be walking a lot, so that will help.  Try to make smart decisions when you eat.  If you get a treat, try to split it with someone (or two or three people LOL). 

EricaG87
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Disneyland is in California right?  may I ask what state you are travelling from? it's relevant to my answer, lol

MiMi.
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Eat. It's vacation for goodness sake!
artistmom27
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Yeah, it is the Disneyland in California. I was born and raised in Southern California, but I moved to Ohio. Ohio is where I am traveling from, but I will be staying with family.

Quoting EricaG87:

Disneyland is in California right?  may I ask what state you are travelling from? it's relevant to my answer, lol

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM
They have healthy choices at every place in Disney. We have annual passes to WDW and go basically weekly. Just eat in moderation and make smart choices. And you'll get lots of walking in there too :)
EricaG87
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM

ok, I'm from Michigan and if I were in your position, right now being in a place that is so cold and anything fresh has to be carried thousands of miles to us I would just make it my mindset to enjoy all of the fresh delicious stuff that is in california. Think about all the fresh fruits and vegetables and how it will be so much warmer there and how when it's warm out fresh fruits and salads sound so good. Look forward to searching for and finding new healthy foods to try that you can't really find in places like michigan or Ohio.  just psyche yourself up for enjoying all the healthiness. That's what I would do :)

Quoting artistmom27

Yeah, it is the Disneyland in California. I was born and raised in Southern California, but I moved to Ohio. Ohio is where I am traveling from, but I will be staying with family.

Quoting EricaG87:

Xfitmom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I know it sounds a bit crazy but if you don't have my fitness pal I highly reccommend it. Treat yourself here and there but don't overdo it. When eating out I look up the foods I'm interested in to see their calories and where I'm at. Bear in mind you will be quite a busy one walking around all day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN