Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help :(

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 10 Replies

How do you ladies find the motivation? I'm so depressed, and feel defeated... Last yr I was at my highest weight, (145ish) Wish is a lot for me considering my healthy and stable weight is around 125-130ish. I decided I would do something about it, however I just never got around to it! I weighed for the first time in months and I am now up to 155! I only weighed 159 when I had my last baby! So I'm nearly the size of when I was 9 months preggo :( I am going to the gym today, and I changed my diet a bit and started taking Alli yesterday, however I'm just worried I wont be able to keep it up. I have good ideas and know what I need to do, its just making myself do it! I have had the 30 Day Shred for 6 months, and have never completed it even once. I just got a membership at a gym, and I'm afraid like in the past it will just be a waste of money because I will be able to come up with every excuse not to go. What can I do to make myself do what needs to be done? I will be 30 this year, and if I dont take action now I know I will be out of control in the next few years!

glitter text generator
           Come Join Us At ╰☆╮ The Frost ╰☆╮ 

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansFabMom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Mama, I am in the same damn boat. I'm 125 and supposed to be 111(for my height...in short!!) but I feel so bogged down and I have no energy or motivation. I have workout videos...only did it once! I also have Pilates bands with video...never done it. My husband bought me a bike...only rode it twice. I need help! I'm thinking about going to therapy. I'm so miserable and I feel like a big fat cow!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fallenangel_353
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Quoting EthansFabMom:

Mama, I am in the same damn boat. I'm 125 and supposed to be 111(for my height...in short!!) but I feel so bogged down and I have no energy or motivation. I have workout videos...only did it once! I also have Pilates bands with video...never done it. My husband bought me a bike...only rode it twice. I need help! I'm thinking about going to therapy. I'm so miserable and I feel like a big fat cow!!!!!

Yeah :( It's just hard, up until a few years ago I have never had to work at my weight. My weight always stayed between 120-130, just kinda flucuated in between. I doubt I will ever see 120 again, but I would be happy with 130-135! Just making myself do it is the issue... I wanna do it! I'm just always feeling rundown or tired, and I always say, tomorrow I will do it...

glitter text generator

EthansFabMom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM
LoL I know exactly what you mean! I'm small framed...and have always been so tiny!!! Ill be laying in bed and be so excited to workout the next day and it NEVER happens!!! Ughh...is there a magic pill for this???
EricaG87
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I really know what you mean.  I have been hovering between 140 and 150 for the past two years and my ideal weight is 122. Every time I wouls start to try to cut my calories down I would quite before even one day was over.  The only thing that has successfully lit a fire under my butt now is that my DF told me that I've gotten "out of shape" and a "little bit flabby". Now I am down 3.2 lbs in 2 days because I just can't eat much, I feel ashamed every time I do. I'm sure most of it's just water weight though. I'm determined to get back down to 122.  If I could do it after my first kid then I can do it now after having 3. you can do it too mama.

MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM

My advice is to eat foods as whole and raw as possible.  I'm not talking about unsafe food like raw chicken or steak tartar.  I mean eating fresh fruits and vegetables.  Try to avoid eating processed food and try to eat nuts and beans and sees instead of animal products.  It's the empty calories in processed foods that cause us to need to eat so much food.  If our bodies are getting the nutrients it needs, it needs fewer calories to get them.

fallenangel_353
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM

LOL, it seems I do way more reading on how to lose the weight, then actually trying the methods!

Aloysious
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I feel the same, but there comes a point where you just have to start.  

instead of going all out, start by making small, achievable daily and weekly goals.  Write them down and post them everywhere you will see them.  Give yourself non-food rewards-like a mani, or 30 min of massage for each goal.  www.fitbie.com has some good workouts you can take to the gym, print one out and just go.

For food (my own weakness!), try to eat as many whole and unprocessed foods as possible.  They don't have to be organic.  Don't add salt, drink lots of water.  Stay away from soda and alcohol for the most part, but that also doesn't mean turn into a teetotaler, either ;).

I always used to start out all gung-ho and hard charging, but later I realized it's just not maintainable for me because I couldn't keep up with that kind of schedule.  Now, I just focus on breaking a sweat at least 4 days a week and filling my body with healthy foods and not processed junk.

Quoting fallenangel_353:

LOL, it seems I do way more reading on how to lose the weight, then actually trying the methods!

mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Hi! I know this is going to sound crazy but What immediately motivates me to get my Workout for the day, is either watching a fitness infomercial or an episode of a weightloss show like the biggest loser. It is the transformations people go through that really make me get off the couch. I want to transform my body, too :)
fallenangel_353
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Quoting mamaof3forlife:

Hi! I know this is going to sound crazy but What immediately motivates me to get my Workout for the day, is either watching a fitness infomercial or an episode of a weightloss show like the biggest loser. It is the transformations people go through that really make me get off the couch. I want to transform my body, too :)

Hey thanks for the tip :) I guess I'm kinda the same way, as far as, anytime I watch movies or shows with my favorite actresses in them and theyre so skinny,it gives me motivation LOL and I tend to work out... Maybe Imma have to watch 1 movie a day lol. :)

glitter text generator

mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM
LOL, Hey girl I always say: "Whatever works!". Good luck :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)