Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

flabby skin.

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM
  • 19 Replies
I've started working out, walking on a treadmill, and eating rift, and I've already lost a few lbs.

My stomach and my thighs are my main concern. What should I be doing for them inorder to get them toned and smaller. They are big and well....jiggly. my stomach has a hang over. Will this ever go away? Even if I lose all the weight I need to?

I'm 5'3 and 178 I'm trying to lose 30 to 40 lbs by Dec.

Help. I'm so lost and so desperate.

Thanks.

Also, eating wise, I stopped all soda, eat smaller portions, try to stop eating junk food. Do I absolutely have to count calories?.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cherylmoore
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM
2 moms liked this

You do not have to count calories but my fitness pal makes it easy if you do choose that route.  If you are getting cardio and also some strength training in your exercise routine on a regular basis, that will help with the saggy skin. Also drinking enough water will help with the elasticity. At 178 pounds you should be drinking 89 oz water a day.  Whether it will go away or not varies with each person. Depends on how long you were overweight, what was your heaviest, also how old you are. But even if you do have saggy skin, it's still healthier than being overweight.  Oh, almost forgot, don't look for one of those get skinny fast fad diets.  Those cause loose skin a lot of times, in my opinion anyway

nkak2005
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I am 25. I have 2 kids. Heaviest weight was about 200 when I was preggo. Right now I am just walking on the treadmill about 4/5 Times a week. Also doing crunches 4/5 Times a week. I was going to wait til June to start adding in weights. What would you recommend I do? Start doing them now? And what types of weight training. The place I work out has a weight station that you sit on and works your arms and legs.

Deff no fad diets here. Just exercising and sharing what I'm eating. But I don't think I'm eating enough cause I'm scared to eat to much. Lol.

I'll eat a granola bar for breakfast. Maybe have a snack before lunch, then lunch is usually chicken, a side like potatoes or pasta and a veggie. Then ill have another small snack like another granola bar and then diner is a side salad and a hamburger no bun. I am trying to not eat after 8. Does this sound like enough or do I need to add.

So far I think I've lost about 3 lbs in about 2 weeks.

Thanks for any advice.

Quoting cherylmoore:

You do not have to count calories but my fitness pal makes it easy if you do choose that route.  If you are getting cardio and also some strength training in your exercise routine on a regular basis, that will help with the saggy skin. Also drinking enough water will help with the elasticity. At 178 pounds you should be drinking 89 oz water a day.  Whether it will go away or not varies with each person. Depends on how long you were overweight, what was your heaviest, also how old you are. But even if you do have saggy skin, it's still healthier than being overweight.  Oh, almost forgot, don't look for one of those get skinny fast fad diets.  Those cause loose skin a lot of times, in my opinion anyway

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rebeccakey2013
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Give It Works body wraps a try. They help to tighten and tone your tummy. You can order them at rebeccakey2013.myitworks.com
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:42 AM
I think you're on the right track. I've lost most of my weight without counting calories. I'd bump up the strength training. You need to work your whole body. You cannot crunch your way to a six pack. Strength training will make a difference in the flabbiness.
Are there any alternatives to the granola bars? Most of them are highly processed and have a lot of sugar, so just be aware of that. If it's about convenience, there are plenty of alternatives that are portable. I carry a cooler with me with all of my food for the day. I require easy!!
I think you're doing great! Do what works for you! Counting calories isn't for everyone. I do it on occasion just to make sure I'm eating about the right amount, but I've never stuck with it long. Plus, this is all about making permanent changes, and not everyone can do that forever!
Good luck, mama!!
shamroc374
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:51 AM
I lost 50 pounds and have the excess skin on my tummy. I went to the doctor to see what I could do to fix it. He told me that the skin had been stretched out for a long period of time and the only way to get rid of it was surgery.
cherylmoore
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I would start the weights now.  Treadmill and crunches will help too but the weights will help more.  Bottom line, there is no way to prevent it if you are going to have it and there's no way to predict it. But this is your best chance of keeping it to a minimum.  I haven't even lost half my weight yet and I can already tell I'm going to have that lower belly from my c section. Maybe get a pair of dumb bells and mix them in with your floor work when you are doing your crunches.  You don't have to count calories but I would replace the granola bar with some fruit if at all possible.  Fruit will help keep you regular. I try to have at least 1 piece per day. I don't know if you are eating enough. I'm a calorie counter so that's hard for me to know without counting. Good luck with your journey tho.  Sounds like you are on the right lag.  Just make sure to drink enough water every day

Cheryl
married to Chris 10/18/06
mother to Nathan 6/21/08

itsm3
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM

eat clean, track your calories, eat within your caloric range for weight loss, and keep exercising; always continue to work harder during your workouts for max caloric burn.

the jiggly will go away.  the tummy area is usually the hardest and takes longest to  lose but be patient.  it took me a good 8months for my tummy to get flat again.

mygirls2012
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I am in the same boat..

Quoting shamroc374:

I lost 50 pounds and have the excess skin on my tummy. I went to the doctor to see what I could do to fix it. He told me that the skin had been stretched out for a long period of time and the only way to get rid of it was surgery.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM

You're almost like me except I'm 24 and I have an 8 yr old son. I weigh 174. My issue with flabby skin is my stomach though. Congrats on the weight loss so far! I am 5'2. I use my fitness pal to count calories but I think if you eat sensible and eat well you should be okay. Good luck!

Quoting nkak2005:

I've started working out, walking on a treadmill, and eating rift, and I've already lost a few lbs.

My stomach and my thighs are my main concern. What should I be doing for them inorder to get them toned and smaller. They are big and well....jiggly. my stomach has a hang over. Will this ever go away? Even if I lose all the weight I need to?

I'm 5'3 and 178 I'm trying to lose 30 to 40 lbs by Dec.

Help. I'm so lost and so desperate.

Thanks.

Also, eating wise, I stopped all soda, eat smaller portions, try to stop eating junk food. Do I absolutely have to count calories?.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

nkak2005
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM
How can I fins out how many calories I should be eating? Also, I am trying to burn at least 200 calories a day when I work out. Should u aim for more?

Quoting itsm3:

eat clean, track your calories, eat within your caloric range for weight loss, and keep exercising; always continue to work harder during your workouts for max caloric burn.

the jiggly will go away.  the tummy area is usually the hardest and takes longest to  lose but be patient.  it took me a good 8months for my tummy to get flat again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN