Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

GIVEAWAY: "Share Your Weight LossTips" WIN a $25 Gift Card!!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 214 Replies

Share Your Weight LossTips!

Post your best tips for healthy weight loss!
Recipes, workouts, motivation and anything else that helps you on your weight loss journey!

Reply with one tip at a time.
The more times you reply, the more times you are entered to win a $25 Gift Card!

jumping rope One mom who replies to this post by February 28th at 11pmEST will win a $25 Gift Card!

Giveaway rules:

• Share Your Tips Giveaway starts 2/4/13 at 8am (ET) and ends 2/28/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period".
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $25 gift card to Target, Walmart or Amazon.com.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 3/7/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChocolateJunky
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I've started working out in short sessions multiple times a day. I've been doing cardio in the mornings, dancing with my kids in the afternoons for a pick-me-up, and stretching/isometric/strength building excercises in the evening. Sometimes I skip a day to give my body the rest it needs, but I always stretch.

ashers_mommy99
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Running! It's the fastest way that I know to lose weight. I lost about 10 pounds in two months before my wedding. I walked/jogged for 30 minutes until I could run the entire time. I now run 3-1/2 to 4 miles every other day. I also lost weight from juicing vegetables. If you implement nutritious food into your diet, your cravings for the bad stuff will decrease. I also just did Jillian Michael's detox tea for 7 days to decrease belly bloat. It worked!

Reina13
by Reina on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Making sure I eat several small meals a day rather than 3 large meals.

ashers_mommy99
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Oh and I also started doing 30 squats before bed every night about 3 weeks ago and my butt is already noticeably fitter!!

queenamy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I've lost 70+ lbs

My trip; Eat WHOLE, Natural, and REAL foods!!

Drop the processed canned stuff! and artificial junk!

.oOMellyOo.
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Eat less, Move more. Its the ONLY proven weight loss strategy out there. You MUST burn more calories than you intake.... quite simple really. :)

othermom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM

eat more vegguies and fruit

brandybasenberg
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I fast walk on the treadmill for 2.5 miles. So far lost 10 lbs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

The easiest is portion control.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Also be more active by working out, also add in any extra moving you can like jumping jacks during commercials

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)