Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Healthy dinner for 1?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 6 Replies
My husband is about to go out of town for training for about a month. I need dinner ideas for just me! I am going to use this opportunity to really try to clean up my diet and I am just really worried that it will be difficult to just cook for me. I don't really like leftovers.

Any tips??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
You could roast a chiken and use it for sandwhiches and meals for the week.

Omlets

Get pita wraps or make your own mini pizzas

That's what I got for now lol ill come back if I think of more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Veggies and couscous or whole wheat pasta or quinoa

chicken breast baked with spices with baked potatoes or veggies

ripemango
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

well, if i were u, i would make a big pot of soup and freeze into individual portions.

i think things like rice or sweet baked potato w side of stir fried veggies easily translates into 1 portion.

i'd also make a big pot of beans. i freeze them as flat as possible in a ziplock so I can just break off what i need and microwave.

i hope my suggestions don't count as leftover to you!

btw, black beans over a baked sweet potato is really good imo. top w a lil salsa, or finely minced onion, lil yogurt, lil bit of sharp cheddar...really yummy. i serve it w a side of broccoli. btw broc for 1 is really easy. buy it frozen, put what you want in a microwave safe bowl, cover w saran wrap and microwave until done to your specifications.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

shesliketx
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:46 PM
All of that sounds great! I don't really like leftover meat I guess I should say. Like if it's just shredded chicken I can deal with that, but baked chicken or whatever I can't handle leftover. I'm odd.

Quoting ripemango:

well, if i were u, i would make a big pot of soup and freeze into individual portions.

i think things like rice or sweet baked potato w side of stir fried veggies easily translates into 1 portion.

i'd also make a big pot of beans. i freeze them as flat as possible in a ziplock so I can just break off what i need and microwave.

btw, black beans over a baked sweet potato is really good imo. top w a lil salsa, or finely minced onion, lil yogurt, lil bit of sharp cheddar...really yummy. i serve it w a side of broccoli. btw broc for 1 is really easy. buy it frozen, put what you want in a microwave safe bowl, cover w saran wrap and microwave until done to your specifications.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Soup is awesome as a leftover and the meat in it is always better the next day too because it soaks up the juices.  Mmmm I make delicious Chicken Noodle Soup with homemade noodles.  Yum....:)

Quoting shesliketx:

All of that sounds great! I don't really like leftover meat I guess I should say. Like if it's just shredded chicken I can deal with that, but baked chicken or whatever I can't handle leftover. I'm odd.

Quoting ripemango:

Follow me on my "Insanity" journey: http://mom2olivia08.blogspot.com/

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My  husband works shift work and my kids are grown and gone all the time.  My new favorite "go to" meal is oatmeal with honey.  It's quick, easy and healthy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)