Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Just...really discouraged. (debbie downer post)

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have only had about 3 periods since I started losing weight for whatever reason after I had my DD in July it took me FOREVER to start my period again.But now that I have my weight loss is being derailed for like 2 weeks every month. Seriously. I was losing my 1 lb a week...2days before my period I stop losing 2 days after I start my period I'm 4 lbs up. I thought no big deal just water weight...Its been almost 2 weeks now and I'm still sitting at the same number I was at before I started my period. Looking at my graph is depressing now its just filled with plateaus. Just typing this I'm ready to cry and I have several times. My husband and all my friends who are losing weight have all lost significant amounts and I'm still fat as shit and look the same...I feel like its just not fair why am I bothering to stay at this stupid calorie deficit that is supposed to help me lose 1 lb a week and I am now lucky to lose 2 lbs a month. I've re-evaluated my calorie deficit with scooby's tool everything looks to be correct. The only thing I really suck at is drinking the reccomended amount of water a day. I hate water...I get sick of the flavored water and truth be told I have never been a big drinker so its hard for me my husband keeps saying that is why I'm not losing but I just don't see it. I just had this goal of at least 50 lbs but I was aiming for close to 100 by september and every week I sit here not losing anything I watch those dreams go bye bye...Just knowing my husband is already down 50 lbs and will most likely meet all his goals while I have to remain fat and disgusting is just fucking killing me.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Hugs
First try not to compare men do lose weight faster.
Water is VERY important to weight loss. Maybe try putting lemon with it or cucumbers or some fruit to add Flavor.
I also add herbal tea with it some times and drink it cold.
What are you doing for exercise?
What does your food look like?
We can figure it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Hugs mama!  Keep going...don't give up!  Jen has great advice:)

xXxLillithxXx
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Well food wise I'm definitely not on the extreme health level. We are on an extremely tight budget grocery wise. Breakfast is almost always oatmeal or eggs or sometimes I will just eat a piece of toast with a teaspoon of peanut butter. I try to drink a bottle of water with breakfast lunch and dinner but that still leaves me 2 cups under the average 8 and I won't lie sometimes I don't even get 6. Lunch us usually a sandwich with light mayo or whatever if not that sometimes I put black beans and salsa in a salad with some tomatoes don't have alot of lunch options here at home because we have to spend quite a bit so my husband can have lunch and snacks at work. Dinner is a toss up. Whatever we have. I just always try to stay under 500 to 600 calories at dinner time and eat lighter during the day because at night is when I am always really hungry. No matter what I eat I always stay at my deficit..I think I've gone over it once or twice but not far and didn't come close to being over my weekly deficit. Excersize is at zero right now because our treadmill fucked up and now we're having to wait until income tax comes in to buy new one. I know I need to step up my water intake and the only other thing I've noticed is that I do not snack anymore because I am trying leave the snacks for my husband at work. When I first started I made sure I ate SOMETHING every couple hours now I just can't afford to do it anymore. Idk what it is about my period that really changed things. As soon as I started back on it...my weight loss went down the crapper.

Quoting jendawn1:

Hugs
First try not to compare men do lose weight faster.
Water is VERY important to weight loss. Maybe try putting lemon with it or cucumbers or some fruit to add Flavor.
I also add herbal tea with it some times and drink it cold.
What are you doing for exercise?
What does your food look like?
We can figure it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)