Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

OMG! My first significant (to me) NSV!!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this
I've been dieting and working with a personal trainer for just over a year now, without seeing any downward movement on the scale. A few months ago, I was diagnosed with PCOS which explains why the numbers were only climbing :(. Finally got an apt with an OB/GYN to start getting my body back to normal about 2 weeks ago and she started me on a medication to help regulate my insulin levels and my testosterone levels. This whole time I have not been able to take off my wedding ring. I JUST MANAGED TO SLIP IT OFF-- twice!! Granted it was still a little tight, but still! So excited!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM

That's awesome!  Way to go mama!

mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Congrats!

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Congrats! I too have PCOS. I am looking into diets that work while having PCOS. I am also working on trying to exercise and stay away from sweets and sodas. My doctor won't put me on any medication for the PCOS but at the same time she wants to tell me that I'm too fat and that I need to lose weight. I can't stand her

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM
All right!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ELFs_Mommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM
My Dr started me on Metformin. It's actually a diabetes medication, but has been shown to have great results for women with PCOS because of our insulin resistance. It also helps lower the amount of testosterone produced by the ovaries. She also recommended looking into a high protein/low carb diet like Atkins, or a more 'natural' diet like Paleo.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Congrats! I too have PCOS. I am looking into diets that work while having PCOS. I am also working on trying to exercise and stay away from sweets and sodas. My doctor won't put me on any medication for the PCOS but at the same time she wants to tell me that I'm too fat and that I need to lose weight. I can't stand her

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Yea I've heard Metformin does wonder in women with insulin resistance but my doctor says I don't need it. I've been looking into the Paleo diet. Still researching it to make up my mind.

Quoting ELFs_Mommy:

My Dr started me on Metformin. It's actually a diabetes medication, but has been shown to have great results for women with PCOS because of our insulin resistance. It also helps lower the amount of testosterone produced by the ovaries. She also recommended looking into a high protein/low carb diet like Atkins, or a more 'natural' diet like Paleo.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

ELFs_Mommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM
That sucks that your Dr isn't willing to at least try it. I'm sorry. My DH & I have been TTC for over 2 years, so my Dr gave me a choice of either focusing on baby making or strictly losing weight. We decided baby making was most important for us, hence the metformin rather than a strictly weight lose drug route.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Yea I've heard Metformin does wonder in women with insulin resistance but my doctor says I don't need it. I've been looking into the Paleo diet. Still researching it to make up my mind.

Quoting ELFs_Mommy:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:29 PM

TTC #1? How old are you and DH?

Quoting ELFs_Mommy:

That sucks that your Dr isn't willing to at least try it. I'm sorry. My DH & I have been TTC for over 2 years, so my Dr gave me a choice of either focusing on baby making or strictly losing weight. We decided baby making was most important for us, hence the metformin rather than a strictly weight lose drug route.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting ELFs_Mommy:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

ELFs_Mommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM
No, #3. I'm 28, DH is 32. According to my Dr, it's kind of uncommon for PCOS to start so "late" in life, especially after conceiving both our older children without even trying.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

TTC #1? How old are you and DH?

Quoting ELFs_Mommy:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting ELFs_Mommy:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

jessiejean
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM

yay!! that's awesome!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)