Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Rayanna's weight loss journal

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM
  • 151 Replies

I'm really not sure I want to do this because I don't always do what I should but there in lies the reason to do it. I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy (my littlest one is 6 months old) and I still had 40 pounds from my previous pregnancy on when I got pregnant with him. I know I need to lose this weight by my baby's 1st birthday and I have to get serious about it now. I'm 45 so that makes it that much harder. However I'm gonna give this a try and see if it makes me more accountable.

I'm starting at 185 pounds and need to lose 45 pounds to be at my pre-pregnancy weight from my 2 1/2 year old. I've told myself that when I hit that half way mark I'll get something done with my hair (thinking layering and maybe going blonde again). Anyway, here we go!

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM

So far today I haven't done badly with my eating and I did about 10 minutes of slim in 6 from a YouTube video. I plan to get some more exercise before bed.

iheartmygirls47
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Good job and good luck! I am also hoping that doing this weight loss journal will help me to stay committed :)

harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Well I didn't do so good last night. A friend came over and we ate chips and dip while we talked about her impending divorce and other family problems she is having right now. I said I started at 185 yesterday but actually it was 185.4 and this morning I weighed 186. But I'm back on track now. I haven't snacked today but evening is my toughest time of the day for that. So I just have to hang tough after dinner. I managed to get in 16 minutes of Slim in 6 exercises and I walked to the mailbox (about 1/8 of a mile) and back holding my 16 lb. 6 oz. baby. I'll try for more exercise later.

harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I did much better yesterday. I watched my calories and got a little exercise and didn't have anything sweet after dinner. I did have a spoonful of peanut butter right before bed for the protein. I lost what I had gained back plus some. I'm at 184.3 this morning. It always feels so good when the number on the scale goes down so I'm sure to try and do well again today. I've told myself when I hit 183 I'll measure myself again. Soon soon soon!
harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Thank you iheartmygirls47! I hope this helps both of us. So far so good!

harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Yesterday I managed to get 11 minutes of exercises and I walked with the baby in the stroller for about 20 minutes. I did pretty good with my eating and the scales said I stayed the same. My back feels like it is out of place between my shoulder blades and I hope when I work out today that it will go back in because it hurts. I am also sore. I am so out of shape!

harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I watched and logged my calories and exercised for 8 minutes at one time, then did some leg lifts, inner thigh lifts and crunches while baby played on the floor. Then I did a few round house kicks right before putting the boys to sleep. I've just been getting in whatever exercise that I can whenever I can instead of having to put in a DVD and put on work out clothes, I just kick off my houseshoes if I'm not wearing my tennis shoes and get to it while baby is in his walker or jumpy. It's apparently doing me some good. I weighed 183.8 this morning. Going for another good day today! I also have been drinking all of my water. Half of my body weight in ounces.

harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Well, I excercised for about 8 minutes and also some crunches and leg lifts and inner thigh lifts. I watched my calories but I had raw almonds, fish and mushrooms yesterday and I hadn't eaten fish or mushrooms since I cleansed so I may be reactive to them. And I'm still not sure whether or not I am reactive to Almonds.I pushed a heavy cart around Wal-Mart today and will exercise more soon. I weighed 184.8 this morning. I am disappointed but I won't beat myself up over it.

harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I've been a little under the weather but have still been losing wieght. I've managed to do a little exercise every day and have getting all of my water and logging my calories. I weighed 182 lbs. and 5 oz. yesterday and 182 lbs. 9 oz. today. I expected a slight gain or at least not to lose today because with this cold I've got my throat gets dry and I drink too much too late in the evening plus I didn't move as much yesterday. All in all I'm happy with my loss since starting this journal. I've got a wedding to go to March 16th and I'd like to be able to get into a certain dress in my closet. If I get down to 170 or so I think I can do it. I think I can, I think I can!

harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:03 PM

What is the name of your journal? Can anyone see it or do we need to be cafemom friends?

Quoting iheartmygirls47:

Good job and good luck! I am also hoping that doing this weight loss journal will help me to stay committed :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)