Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Rayanna's weight loss journal

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm really not sure I want to do this because I don't always do what I should but there in lies the reason to do it. I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy (my littlest one is 6 months old) and I still had 40 pounds from my previous pregnancy on when I got pregnant with him. I know I need to lose this weight by my baby's 1st birthday and I have to get serious about it now. I'm 45 so that makes it that much harder. However I'm gonna give this a try and see if it makes me more accountable.

I'm starting at 185 pounds and need to lose 45 pounds to be at my pre-pregnancy weight from my 2 1/2 year old. I've told myself that when I hit that half way mark I'll get something done with my hair (thinking layering and maybe going blonde again). Anyway, here we go!

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Replies (141-147):
harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:16 PM
I didn't get to get any real cardio yesterday because of happily unexpected company. So far today I have done my weights and resistance. I planned to go for a walk/jog this morning but it has been raining all morning. Hopefully I can get it in later. I'm in the minus on calories so far. I had eggs with mushrooms and spinach for breakfast.
harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM
I don't get it. I'm up 2 pounds since yesterday. I don't seem to have a water gain but maybe I do. I didn't over eat either. Anyhow I already did a walk/jog and I intend to get in my weights and resistance as well as wellkeep my calories around 1200 today.
harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:41 PM
It's already been a very busy month. Both boys' birthdays. Our oldest daughter and granddaughter's birthdays, my brother and mother and sister in law's also. Just crazy! Anyway I'm at 166.5 and hoping to lose 10 pounds or so by the end of August. I have to go in public in a swim suite next weekend. Not happy about that but I'm gonna do it for the boys. Been logging calories and exercising. Gonna keep going.
harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM
I'm at 165.75 today. I have eaten well over my calories the last 2 days and lost weight. Yesterday I walked a 20 minute mile pushing my two little ones (about 70 pounds) plus the weight of the stroller. So far today I have done my weights and resistance. Every time the scale goes down now I weigh less than I have in over 4 years. That's a great feeling and awesome motivation to keep working towards my goal.
harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM
I was 165.5 again today and that is good considering we had a birthday party yesterday and I ate like crap all day. I've eaten better today and walked this morning for 29 minutes. I'm also doing better on water intake today over yesterday.
harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:01 AM
I am so glad that the birthday parties are over for about 5 weeks. I'm gonna try and get to 159 before the next one gets here. I gotta get to finding some healthy sweet recipes so maybe I can get my pre diabetic husband to stop bringing home donuts and other sweet crap.
harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:46 PM
My weight was back up to 167. I took my measurements and found that I have lost a half inch off of my waist, 1/2 " off of my belly and a 1/2" from each thigh. So apparently I am gaining muscle and losing fat. I may try to run a few bursts tomorrow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)