Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Amanda's Weight Loss Journal

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello, my name is Amanda. I was doing really good with working out and eating right but after I started working I kind of fell off the wagon :( But, now I am back and I am trying so hard to stay dedicated! I am hoping that doing this journal and joining challenges will give me the extra motivation I need to make a lifestyle change and stick to it. My goal is to lose 20 lbs and make an overall lifestyle committment to eating healthy not just for me  but so I can be a positive role model for my children as well. I am excited for this journey :)

*I am going to start being accountable for my weight in my journal every tuesday so hopefully I don't forget...here it goes!*

2/5/13 = 148.6

2/12/13 = 145.6 (3 lbs down!!!!)

2/20/13 = 145.2

3/1/13 = 144.2

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Toby7
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Good luck with your journey and keep posting so that we can see how you are doing.

iheartmygirls47
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Thank you :) I can't wait to post tomorrow! lol

iheartmygirls47
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Well today I didn't do as great as I was hoping for but I did better than the day before so I guess it's a start. Tomorrow is a new day and I am not giving up :)

iheartmygirls47
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok its been a week since I posted and not to much happened in that week. However all junk food is out of the house and I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought so many vegetables and fish. I am so excited! I am also down 2.2 lbs!!!!! Going to do Zumba and taking the dog for a walk later :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Great job, mama!!  You sound like you're on the right track!  Keep it up!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

iheartmygirls47
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Thank you :) I am so proud because I bought fish and if you knew me that is a HUGE deal! lol I have never ate fish. So tonight we had fish tacos and an awesome salad!

Quoting musicpisces:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay!!  Stretching your limits is so important!  I'm glad you liked it!!

Quoting iheartmygirls47:

Thank you :) I am so proud because I bought fish and if you knew me that is a HUGE deal! lol I have never ate fish. So tonight we had fish tacos and an awesome salad!

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

iheartmygirls47
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Weighed myself this morning and I am down another pound!!!! Counted my calories for today and I did great! Eggplant lasagna for dinner and then walking the dog :)

KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Are you using anything to help track your calorie intake and output? Just wondering how you keep yourself positive and motivated/ successful.

Quoting iheartmygirls47:

Weighed myself this morning and I am down another pound!!!! Counted my calories for today and I did great! Eggplant lasagna for dinner and then walking the dog :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iheartmygirls47
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I used to use the myfitnesspal app but now I use the LoseIt app. I like different things from each one but I stick with LoseIt bc I have friends that use it so it helps motivate me. Honestly what keeps me motivated is weighing myself in. When I go to eat something and I see how many calories it is if I don't have that many calories available then eating it is not worth how I will feel later. Know what I mean? I would rather use my calories towards healthy food that will fill me rather than junk food/sweets(which is my weakness) that will not take away my hunger.

Quoting KawaiiLila:

Are you using anything to help track your calorie intake and output? Just wondering how you keep yourself positive and motivated/ successful.

Quoting iheartmygirls47:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN