Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

EEEEK! My new gym shoes!!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 AM
  • 30 Replies

I'm getting these tomorrow!! I am so excited!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Yay!  I love my VFFs!  Have you tried them before?  Did you try them on?  What do you plan to use these ones for?  I used to sell these (at REI), so I know a bit about them.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

jojo_382
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM
r these good 2 have
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Danapopcorn
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I hated those things! My brother absolutely loves them though. I literally was just thinking about them before I opened this. What a kawinkeedink! I could never get my toes in without 20 minutes of struggling. Too bad I washed the receipt -_-. I'm glad you're excited though and getting something you want :) I'm sure it is a big motivator :)

kbornman21
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I have tried them on before! It was at one of those foot stores at a mall here but I wasn't sold because I felt like they fit weird. So I am going to an REI tomorrow so I can get properly fitted! I am so stoked. I mostly do cardio at the gym so that's probably what ill use them for!

Any info you have please share!!

Quoting musicpisces:

Yay!  I love my VFFs!  Have you tried them before?  Did you try them on?  What do you plan to use these ones for?  I used to sell these (at REI), so I know a bit about them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbornman21
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM
From what I've heard/read they are good running shoes.

Quoting jojo_382:

r these good 2 have

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxysmommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I love my VFF's!!! Yay!!!

kbornman21
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:35 AM
It is! Tomorrow starts my second week at the gym! So I am pretty motivated to get them! I even told my SO that I needed to go to the gym before I got my shoes so I could stay on routine. :)

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I hated those things! My brother absolutely loves them though. I literally was just thinking about them before I opened this. What a kawinkeedink! I could never get my toes in without 20 minutes of struggling. Too bad I washed the receipt -_-. I'm glad you're excited though and getting something you want :) I'm sure it is a big motivator :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbornman21
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I am super excited. Are the reviews right? Does it take a bit for your feet to adjust?

Quoting roxysmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxysmommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:37 AM

If you still can't get a feel for the toe separation try on a pair of Merrell shoes, they are sill barefoot (and use a Vibram sole for their barefoot style shoes) without toe separation. My husband loved his VFF's but got a pair of Merrell's when he needed a new pair and loves them! I'll be trying on some tomorrow.

Quoting kbornman21:

I have tried them on before! It was at one of those foot stores at a mall here but I wasn't sold because I felt like they fit weird. So I am going to an REI tomorrow so I can get properly fitted! I am so stoked. I mostly do cardio at the gym so that's probably what ill use them for!

Any info you have please share!!

Quoting musicpisces:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

(Sarah Robinson). Get yours at bighugelabs.com
roxysmommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:39 AM

If you've never worn a barefoot style shoes it does take some time, a couple weeks or so...but now I do everything in them. I run in them, shop in them, everything. I will never go back to a regular running shoe.

Quoting kbornman21:

I am super excited. Are the reviews right? Does it take a bit for your feet to adjust?

Quoting roxysmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN