Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Cellulite Question

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:19 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have cellulite one the outside of my thighs, what are some ways to get rid of it or make it look better?

Does it just go away as you lose weight abd build up the muscle?

Or am I just kinda stuck with it?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsm3
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:49 AM

i've read that cellulite can be reduced with weight loss but for the most part, it's with you forever (and genetic) :(

susieQ680
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:09 AM

well workout is the only thing u can do

duejan13th
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM

It's a combination of eating right, exercising, and genetics.  It's basically fat pushing through the lattice of your connective tissue, so reducing your fat stores will make a difference.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
This. I've noticed a huge difference in my legs after gaining muscle and really cleaning up my diet.

Quoting musicpisces:

It's a combination of eating right, exercising, and genetics.  It's basically fat pushing through the lattice of your connective tissue, so reducing your fat stores will make a difference.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tonya_Lynn84
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Thanks Ladies!

ChocolateJunky
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I've heard something about using coffee grounds as a body scrub. I have no idea if that works or not. Probably smells good if anything else lol.

ashers_mommy99
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi! I starting doing 30 squats before bed every night and massaging Nivea Skin Firming Serum with Q10 into my butt, thighs and tummy after every shower. My lower half has really improved in less than a month. I am thinking by summer, I'll be swim suit ready!

mommadana
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Exercise will help as it's fat (blah.....) but like it was stated earlier, it has some to do with genetics.  Jillian Michaels even stated in an interview that she has cellulite and that one dimple on her behind never goes away.  Massaging that area helps to smooth it out, but keeping your fat to muscle ratio down will help with that as well.  Good luck!  I'm sure your lower body (and your upper too) will look awesome by summer!

AnitaA
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM

All of what the other posters said, plus I've been told to drink a LOT of water, to help flush out the toxins in your body. And some people say it helps to massage the area in the shower with a shower brush until your skin feels warm and it's pinkish, it's supposed to increase circulation.

I have it too :( Mine was significantly reduced after losing weight and excercising -it's not gone though.

Oh and I know they say it is genetic but my mom does not have even a single dimple. Not even "orange skin" WTF? Where did I get it from? (My aunt on my dad's side doesn't have it either!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN