Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm new to this group. My name is Jenny. I weigh 290 right now, but tomorrow could be 280. I fluctuate a lot and I don't really know why that is. I am married to a skinny guy which I find funny because he basically never eats because he isn't hungry and I can NOT relate to that. I have two wonderful kids who I feed healthy food because I don't want them to have to deal with diabetes or any other health problems. My son just turned 1 last month and My daughter is 2 turning 3 in April.

When I really try, I can lose weight. I proved that to myself during my pregnancy. I wanted to eat healthier for my baby and I ended up gaining nothing and losing weight after I gave birth. I was about 30 lbs less after I gave birth than I was beforre I got pregnant. However I have gained every bit of it back now. 

I do want to say that I like my body which is why I think I have such a hard time actually putting in the effort and eating right. I enjoy food and I never work out. I did like that my diabetes was under control when I was eating rigth and walking a mile a day and I want it to be that way again.

So, how do you guys motivate yourselves? How can I motivate myself? What are some easy exercises other than walking that I can try. Keep in mind, my husband works 40 hours a week and I am a SAHM.

So, I don't have time away from the kids to exercise. It would have to be with them right there underfoot. And the reason I stopped walking is because I can't really do it with two kids. I mean, yes I can and do go on walks, but not quickly because my daughter likes to stop and pick up leaves. Plus, she's two, she walks slow.

Anyway, this is rambling on. If anyone has any advice or ideas, please let me know. Thank you.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Replies (61-61):
rsmeyer54
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Try incorporating some exercise into what you are already doing.  I read this article one time that talked about exercising on commercial breaks of a tv commercial. (I personally don't watch tv at all but maybe you do and maybe the kids do) Anyway, during the commercials you do different exercises.  so for the first breaks you could do squats on the couch.  Basically, you just stand up and almost sit down over and over again throughout the entire commercial.  Then the next one you might do sit ups.  Next, maybe push ups and so on.  I don't know but the point is I think each commercial is on average 2 mins so you watch 2-30 mins programs and you have gotten in a decent what 20 min workout :) TRUST me you will feel it the next day especially if you  don't normally exercise.  It is all about SMALL steps. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)