Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Baby sleep issues exhaust me & I'm way off track : (

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

For the past two weeks my dd has been having problems sleeping, I think mostly due to teething.  But even when her first few came in it wasnt this bad.  Anyway, I was doing good with exercise and food in January but lately I'm so tired I feel like I'm in a fog all day. I don't have the energy to prepare much good food and today I had more sugar than I've had in the past 3 weeks, just to try to lift myself up. I'm so sad. I can barely walk in a straight line. I'm not even trying to keep up my exercise.  : (

I have no family nearby and I'm afraid to tell my dh how I feel.  I'm afraid he will tell me that it's evidence that we should let dd cry it out, like that is the solution.  I think I can help train her to sleep better, but it will take some time, and right now I'm so sleepy and alone I'm just depressed.  I know some good sleep will make all the difference. But as night falls and it gets closer and closer to evening, my sense of distress is rising, as I anticipate another night of waking every hour or so.  : (

Any advice ladies? Thanks

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I let my children CIO. I put them in their bed make sure they are safe and walk away for five to ten minutes. In order for me to keep sane i need a few mintues here and there to get myself together.

As for the sleeping give your baby a bath before bed. Start a routine. Can your DH help you try and put your child to sleep. Give you a night off to rest?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoldenLinds
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM
My son has been cutting his molars for a few weeks. He's always sooooooooo slow to teeth and these are the worst. I'm not getting any sleep either. I don't have any support either so I'm just drifting theough the day trying to stay awake. We cosleep so ita a little easier. I give him tylenol before bed and that helps but I also try to give him some chamomile tea. He's still so wrestless. I wish I had advice but I'm in the same boat. I don't believe in cio either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoldenLinds
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I am trying to make sure o have healthier grab snacks like yogurt and pretzels. I'm trying to make my cooking go furthur too. The other night I made chixken with mushrooms and zucchini but used a lot of veggies. Then the next night I just threw the left oversin some pasta. Its going to kill me but tomorrow I'm going to go for a walk. I'm hoping my son will nap so he sleeps better at night and I can just drift on the trail.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mvbullock
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Those molars & canines are tough. Have you tried the Hylands teething tablets & orajel? Both work wonders for my kids when they're teething.

redcarnelle
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I also give her Tylenol before bed and usually it helps but darn if she was just up so often last night and then all day today. I was so looking forward to her first nap so I could nap too, but she never actually fell asleep. I will take your advice about keeping the healthy snacks handy. I made some for the Super Bowl and have some leftover. I guess I was so tired earlier that I thought sugar would boost me more than veggies. It probably had the opposite effect...
I am trying to get her onto a more regular routine and dh does help when he can. He just gets home late and doesn't support me right now with the no CIO.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)