Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

almond milk?? benefits??

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM
  • 7 Replies
I didn't know that almond milk would have such extra benefits!!

DD (6.5) has been drinking it when she wants chocolate milk. I buy the dark chocolate almond and mix it with her lactaid milk. And I've noticed that we no longer have a need for that nasty miralax!!! I am so happy!! Now to get her dad on board. :/

Just thought I'd share!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I drink it because I cant do dairy and really can't do milk. Originally started with soy milk and it wasn't that great. Then someone recommended almond milk and it tasted so much better! I love how low in calories it is. ;)
iheartmygirls47
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I am going to buy almond milk for the first time this upcoming grocery trip! I am excited to try it. Do you have any recommendations on what brands to try and what brands to stay away from?

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
The dark chocolate almond is by SILK Pure Almond. And I have regular vanilla almond in my local grocery store brand. I use them in my VI shakes. And DD drinks it plain or chocolate. I use the lactaid milk for cooking and cereal.

We both are lactose intolerant. I've been trying to tell her dad that. But he don't listen. Lol

Quoting iheartmygirls47:

I am going to buy almond milk for the first time this upcoming grocery trip! I am excited to try it. Do you have any recommendations on what brands to try and what brands to stay away from?

Xfitmom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I love almond milk. It's the reason my daughter no longer has rashes and indegestion.

sunnyflower417
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:55 AM
I make my own, delicious!
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I buy Silk Almond milk. I did not want the girls drinking cow milk due to all of the added hormones, so I switched them over and they love it. I cook with it as well. I'm not a milk drinker so I don't drink it, neither does DH. We drink coffee and water. 

I would love to make my own, but there is nowhere around here to buy bulk almonds and they cost a fortune around here...It would cost me more to make it, than to buy it at this point. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Des10ed2b
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:42 AM

yep! we switched to almond milk for the kids and coconut milk for me since i have a nut allergy. they love it! and honestly, i absolutely adore coconut milk! especially in my cereal. omg. it is so good! we were out and i decided to just grab some regular dairy milk the other day...omg. it tasted go gross i had to pour it all out. i can believe i was drinking that crap. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)