Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just checked UPS' s tracking website and my new kettlebell set is out for delivery!

I am so excited. I ordered a set of Premier (ader) kbs from rogue fitness. They are seamless and should last a lifetime. I always get such looks from delivery people.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Replies (31-32):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:10 PM

At least your adoptive parents are better!  =) 

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

That is so sad. Its hard, im lucky because my adoptive parents are so awesome but my bio parents are a nightmare. Not my bio dad so much because I don't really know him (don't need to) but my birth mother is just horrible. She is cruel. We have not spoken in years and I don't care to ever again. I find it hard to believe we have the same DNA.
It is so sad that he doesn't know his grandson, that is heartbreaking. I can never understand it. I can't imagine ♥

Quoting musicpisces:

I'm sure you do just that!  LOL

Yeah, they don't listen when we tell them that stuff.  =)

I kind of wish my dad would come around to realizing all he missed out on- misses out on.  He's been out of my life for 5 years now- and Jonah is 4.  He's totally missing out on his only grandson.

I know my dad would be proud of my trail running and weight loss (I know he was impressed with my weight loss at my brother's graduation in October, but he didn't say a word to me).  The one thing we had in common was a love of the outdoors.  I grew up backpacking and camping all the time, and I wish I'd had my love of trail running when I lived up in the redwoods.  It's SO pretty up there.  So many trails everywhere, but nowadays you have to be careful going into random forests, because of all the marijuana crops.  You're likely to get shot!  =(

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

I was put in his life to keep him on his toes!

I feel bad he feels it, anyone really and I tell him not to.... like that works!

Quoting musicpisces:

LOL!  So that's where you get it from, huh?

At least you know you have that love in your life.  I'm happy to hear that you have that!!  It sucks that he feels like he has to make up for that time.  I think about that stuff with Jonah.  I know my FIL feels like he has to do that.  He was gone for long periods of time when Jonathan was growing up.  Now he's making up for lost time.  My in-laws spend a ton of time with Jonah (of course, living on their property helps!).

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

I can hear him now " im not standing in the woods pouring beer for you trail running hippies". He would totally do it but he is a smart ass (shocking!) and he watches my kids lol. We live 2 hours from them so he comes to some of them. I travel a lot to race but it is in the city he will be there for sure.

I was almost tearing up when I typed my last reply lol! He is a huge inspiration and I know he is generous because he feels guilty about working such crazy hours my whole life and he ahould never, I was adopted from the worlds worst family.

Quoting musicpisces:

Aw, heartbreaking!!  That sucks.  Does he attend your races?  I know my mom wanted to go to mine on Sunday, but it was almost 2 hours from her house.  I'm doing a couple later in the year that are closer, and I know she wants to attend.  Maybe your dad could volunteer for races- might be a good way for him to be in on the action?

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

My dad was injured in the navy and is in rougher shape now. He fell off a ladder trying to fix a nail pop (such a ocd loon) in the living room and my brother dove under him at the last second but he still hit the coffee table and hurt his back or he would. His voice gets all longing when we talk obstacle course racing. When we lost our house in the flood he was on it and made sure I was at my spartan the next day. Amazing.

He still kicks our butt in football and basketball but racing is out. Its a bummer because that would be the best day ever. No doubt my favorite memory.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh totally the best :)

Quoting musicpisces:

At least your adoptive parents are better!  =) 

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

That is so sad. Its hard, im lucky because my adoptive parents are so awesome but my bio parents are a nightmare. Not my bio dad so much because I don't really know him (don't need to) but my birth mother is just horrible. She is cruel. We have not spoken in years and I don't care to ever again. I find it hard to believe we have the same DNA.

It is so sad that he doesn't know his grandson, that is heartbreaking. I can never understand it. I can't imagine ♥

Quoting musicpisces:

I'm sure you do just that!  LOL

Yeah, they don't listen when we tell them that stuff.  =)

I kind of wish my dad would come around to realizing all he missed out on- misses out on.  He's been out of my life for 5 years now- and Jonah is 4.  He's totally missing out on his only grandson.

I know my dad would be proud of my trail running and weight loss (I know he was impressed with my weight loss at my brother's graduation in October, but he didn't say a word to me).  The one thing we had in common was a love of the outdoors.  I grew up backpacking and camping all the time, and I wish I'd had my love of trail running when I lived up in the redwoods.  It's SO pretty up there.  So many trails everywhere, but nowadays you have to be careful going into random forests, because of all the marijuana crops.  You're likely to get shot!  =(

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

I was put in his life to keep him on his toes!

I feel bad he feels it, anyone really and I tell him not to.... like that works!

Quoting musicpisces:

LOL!  So that's where you get it from, huh?

At least you know you have that love in your life.  I'm happy to hear that you have that!!  It sucks that he feels like he has to make up for that time.  I think about that stuff with Jonah.  I know my FIL feels like he has to do that.  He was gone for long periods of time when Jonathan was growing up.  Now he's making up for lost time.  My in-laws spend a ton of time with Jonah (of course, living on their property helps!).

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

I can hear him now " im not standing in the woods pouring beer for you trail running hippies". He would totally do it but he is a smart ass (shocking!) and he watches my kids lol. We live 2 hours from them so he comes to some of them. I travel a lot to race but it is in the city he will be there for sure.

I was almost tearing up when I typed my last reply lol! He is a huge inspiration and I know he is generous because he feels guilty about working such crazy hours my whole life and he ahould never, I was adopted from the worlds worst family.

Quoting musicpisces:

Aw, heartbreaking!!  That sucks.  Does he attend your races?  I know my mom wanted to go to mine on Sunday, but it was almost 2 hours from her house.  I'm doing a couple later in the year that are closer, and I know she wants to attend.  Maybe your dad could volunteer for races- might be a good way for him to be in on the action?

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

My dad was injured in the navy and is in rougher shape now. He fell off a ladder trying to fix a nail pop (such a ocd loon) in the living room and my brother dove under him at the last second but he still hit the coffee table and hurt his back or he would. His voice gets all longing when we talk obstacle course racing. When we lost our house in the flood he was on it and made sure I was at my spartan the next day. Amazing.

He still kicks our butt in football and basketball but racing is out. Its a bummer because that would be the best day ever. No doubt my favorite memory.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)