Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Breakfast...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 9 Replies

What do you ladies do for breakfast?  

I eat once I get to work.  Sometimes cereal, sometimes yogurt and fruit.  I went on an oatmeal kick for a while but I think if I eat another bowl of oatmeal I'm going to yack!

I'd like to figure out a way to do eggs, maybe breakfast burritos or something...

So basically, I need some more ideas! 

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I drink a Shakeology shake before I leave to go to work and it fills me up and provides me with energy and nutrients.  So, once I get to work I eat a yogurt or even hard-boiled eggs to tide me over till lunch.

Before Shakeology, I would bring breakfast to work.  I used to make breakfast burritos and store them in the freezer individually wrapped so I pull them out, throw in my bag and heat up once I get to work.  I also would make stacks of multi-grain pancakes and do the same thing.  Sometimes it's plain Greek yogurt with some honey and slivered almonds. 

Xfitmom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I wake up early so I can enjoy my breakfast. I eat 1 egg, 2 slices of bacon and a piece of fruit along with tea and 1/2 cup of almond milk in the tea.

cadeesmommy0120
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM

See, I've thought about doing that but I already get up at 4:00-4:15 as it is!

Quoting Xfitmom:

I wake up early so I can enjoy my breakfast. I eat 1 egg, 2 slices of bacon and a piece of fruit along with tea and 1/2 cup of almond milk in the tea.

cadeesmommy0120
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM

How did you do your breakfast burritos?  

I'm freezer stupid so I'm not sure how to keep it from going bad and what all I can put in it, etc... 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I drink a Shakeology shake before I leave to go to work and it fills me up and provides me with energy and nutrients.  So, once I get to work I eat a yogurt or even hard-boiled eggs to tide me over till lunch.

Before Shakeology, I would bring breakfast to work.  I used to make breakfast burritos and store them in the freezer individually wrapped so I pull them out, throw in my bag and heat up once I get to work.  I also would make stacks of multi-grain pancakes and do the same thing.  Sometimes it's plain Greek yogurt with some honey and slivered almonds. 

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I usually eat breakfast at work too.  I almost always bring a homemade egg mcmuffin (whole wheat english muffin, cheddar cheese, egg). Sometimes I bring leftover quiche which is always good!  Sometimes I make egg muggs (a few eggs beat in a mug with some veggies, microwaved).  Sometimes I bring Kashi cinnamon harvest cereal. I always bring bananas and sometimes grapes or apples :)

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I make breakfast burritos with eggs, peppers, cheese, turkey bacon (or crumbled turkey sausage), peppers, onions and sometimes mushrooms.  It's really whatever you want to put in there.  I make a whole bunch of filling and fill tortillas and roll them up.  I then wrap each one in parchment paper, then aluminum foil and then place them all in a large ziploc bag that I have labeled.  This way, you can pull out an individual burrito and unwrap the foil and place in the microwave wrapped in the parchment paper.

I also do individual egg mcmuffins.  I make eggs in muffin tins (I spray it with cooking spray and cook them in the oven) and while they are cooking, I heat through slices of canadian bacon.  To assemble, I take whole wheat english muffins, put the egg on it, a slice of canadian bacon and a slice of cheese and again wrap each one in parchment, then foil, then put in a ziploc bag for freezing that is labeled.

Quoting cadeesmommy0120:

I'm freezer stupid so I'm not sure how to keep it from going bad and what all I can put in it, etc... 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

cadeesmommy0120
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Thanks!  I'll have to start doing that!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I make breakfast burritos with eggs, peppers, cheese, turkey bacon (or crumbled turkey sausage), peppers, onions and sometimes mushrooms.  It's really whatever you want to put in there.  I make a whole bunch of filling and fill tortillas and roll them up.  I then wrap each one in parchment paper, then aluminum foil and then place them all in a large ziploc bag that I have labeled.  This way, you can pull out an individual burrito and unwrap the foil and place in the microwave wrapped in the parchment paper.

I also do individual egg mcmuffins.  I make eggs in muffin tins (I spray it with cooking spray and cook them in the oven) and while they are cooking, I heat through slices of canadian bacon.  To assemble, I take whole wheat english muffins, put the egg on it, a slice of canadian bacon and a slice of cheese and again wrap each one in parchment, then foil, then put in a ziploc bag for freezing that is labeled.

Quoting cadeesmommy0120:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I have a journal with ideas here!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I make stuff in advance and put it in tupperware. For example today I made a sweet potatoe beef skillet. Now I have something to eat all week. I also make oatmeal in a baking dish with eggs in it for the week. The kids eat it too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN