Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

is this right ? bmr ?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 5 Replies
I have lost 12 pounds so I'm refiguring my calories. I think I have it right. Someone please double check me. 39 years old, current weight 198, height 5'2". So I got 1624.4 multiplied by 1.2 since my lifestyle is sedentary other than my workouts 4 days a week. This gives me 1949 so subtract 500 and my calorie goal should be 1449.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:53 AM

You really should use the 1-3 day formula or 3-5 day formula because you are working out. The only reason to use the 1.2 formula is if you do not ever workout. 

BMR: 1624

Maintenance while working out 3-5 days per week: 1624*1.55=2517

To lose 1 lb per week: 2517-500=2017

What workouts are you doing 4 days per week? 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

cherylmoore
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Mostly classes at my gym. 1 zumba a week and 2 boot camp style classes. On the days they don't have class I'm doing couch to 5k. 2000 calories a day just seems like an awful lot. Forgot to mention I have pcos. Do you think this is relevant?
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Shoot for between 1624 and 2017

Quoting cherylmoore:

Mostly classes at my gym. 1 zumba a week and 2 boot camp style classes. On the days they don't have class I'm doing couch to 5k. 2000 calories a day just seems like an awful lot. Forgot to mention I have pcos. Do you think this is relevant?
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Quoting cherylmoore:

You are not sedentary. Sedentary means no workouts at all in regards to the HB equation. You are doing a lot of cardio by adding in c25k, so you have to use the numbers I gave you if you want it to be effective and efficient. If you eat too little, you are going to lose muscle instead of fat. PCOS has nothing to do with how many calories you eat...it will just make it a longer process to lose weight. PCOS does not make it impossible at all- just slower. Eat within the range I gave you and you should be fine. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

cherylmoore
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Ok thanks for the info. I am already dealing with the reality of pcos working twice as hard for the same pound lost. Do not want to lose muscle. Working too hard to get it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)