Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Sore muscles ?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 9 Replies
I worked out really hard on Saturday and Sunday and my muscles were really sore. I did 45 min of cardio and 20 min of stretching yesterday. My legs and arms aren't sore today but the muscles in my back and obliques are still a little sore. Would it be okay to do some strength today (planks, weights, pushups, burpees) or should I wait until tomorrow?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:16 AM
As long as its sore and not pain, go for it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM

just warm up really well and don't work the muscles you worked (with weights). 

even when i'im sore, i still workout but not the same muscle group.s

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Thanks, ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Workout was a failure! I am still too sore. I'll have to find something else to do today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Maybe do a gentle cardio day, or yoga or Pilates?  I usually do an easy run when I'm super sore. It hurts some in the beginning, but feels better toward the end and afterward.  Gets some blood to those sore muscles to help flush out the lactic acid that's keeping me sore.  I CAN'T strength train when I'm sore!

I'm debating an upper body workout myself today- my legs are still pretty sore from my race Sunday, so I think I'll wait another day to run, and no way am I strength training my legs!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for the suggestions. I think I'm going to put my little one in the stroller and go for a walk/jog and do some Pilates later. :)

Quoting musicpisces:

Maybe do a gentle cardio day, or yoga or Pilates?  I usually do an easy run when I'm super sore. It hurts some in the beginning, but feels better toward the end and afterward.  Gets some blood to those sore muscles to help flush out the lactic acid that's keeping me sore.  I CAN'T strength train when I'm sore!

I'm debating an upper body workout myself today- my legs are still pretty sore from my race Sunday, so I think I'll wait another day to run, and no way am I strength training my legs!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tairakittie
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Do whatever you feel you CAN do. Dont push yourself too hard, you'll regret it the next day! lol I did a bunch of pilates videos on Monday, by Monday night I was a little sore... I could barely walk, stand, sit, or move my lower body/legs yesterday, so instead of going on a bike ride with my son like I wanted to, I opt to walk with my dog while he rode his bike (he is 3 1/2, just got his first 2 wheeled bike with training wheels for xmas, so he doesnt go too fast yet, but he sure figured out how to ride it right away!), im SO THANKFUL I didnt go on that bike ride yesterday, I wouldnt be able to move AT ALL today. :/ I was still a little sore today, plus my SO has tonight off and I didnt want to be too sore to spend the night with him, so I just did prevention better belly yoga today and will probably go for a family walk later tonight. The way I see it, there is always tomorrow. As long as I at least stretch and dont go more than 3 days without some intense cardio or stregth training, then im doing great! lol

tairakittie
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

oh and I took my 2 to the park after I picked DD up from preschool, they insisted we jog from the car to the playground, then from the playground to the little nature walk, then back to the playground, then back to the car... so I got a good jog in yesterday too... tried very hard not to whine the whole time I was jogging with the kids... haha!

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I am feeling better today. I think I am ready to kick butt and do some strength training! :)

Quoting tairakittie:

Do whatever you feel you CAN do. Dont push yourself too hard, you'll regret it the next day! lol I did a bunch of pilates videos on Monday, by Monday night I was a little sore... I could barely walk, stand, sit, or move my lower body/legs yesterday, so instead of going on a bike ride with my son like I wanted to, I opt to walk with my dog while he rode his bike (he is 3 1/2, just got his first 2 wheeled bike with training wheels for xmas, so he doesnt go too fast yet, but he sure figured out how to ride it right away!), im SO THANKFUL I didnt go on that bike ride yesterday, I wouldnt be able to move AT ALL today. :/ I was still a little sore today, plus my SO has tonight off and I didnt want to be too sore to spend the night with him, so I just did prevention better belly yoga today and will probably go for a family walk later tonight. The way I see it, there is always tomorrow. As long as I at least stretch and dont go more than 3 days without some intense cardio or stregth training, then im doing great! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN