Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Help with picking out the right shoes

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

My coach keeps telling me I need better shoes for crossfit. My shoes are old running shoes and she says they have to much sole, which throws me off when doing lifts and what not. She says I need ones I can lift and run in.

The ones she recommends are kinda expensive and I would like to stay around $100.00.

So any thoughts on shoes for crossfit?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM

go to a shoe store (like a fitness store) and get fitted, let them know what you're looking for

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, you need to get to a running store.  Good shoes are worth the cost.  I balked for the longest time at the shoes I really should have bought ($140 is a lot!!), but I'm so glad I finally got them, because my runs are SO much better with them.  I don't get the pains I've had, and I just did my half marathon, and my feet felt great.  The right shoes are worth their weight in gold.  Especially with how much impact you're putting on your joints with those box jumps, sprints, and other CF activities.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Yes a running store is the way to go! I do like lifting barefoot though :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tonya_Lynn84
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this

That is what I have been doing for about a week or so. Seen improvement doing barefoot, compared to with my shoes.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Yes a running store is the way to go! I do like lifting barefoot though :)

Javi05Eli07
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I agree with a running store.  I have been looking at cross training shoes and I saw that Reebok made a shoe specifically for Crossfit, it might be worth checking into.

itsm3
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:43 AM

i agree with all pps - go to a store.

ps - don't scrimp on shoes.  i did that my first pair and went to the reebok outlet and spent $70 only.  they were ok but for some exercises, still caused me foot pain.  when i got my asics - which cost me $145 - they are the BEST shoe ever (no foot pain, they fit my feet exactly) and i realize now i shouldn't have bought those reeboks. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Yeppers... running store. They will  analyze your feet and when you tell them you want them for CF, they will know exactly which shoe will be best for you. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM

This.  Good luck!

Quoting Idntreallycare:

go to a shoe store (like a fitness store) and get fitted, let them know what you're looking for

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)