Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Mariah's journal:) pics

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:26 AM
  • 63 Replies
So wow I didn't realize this section was here!!

I see I must have deleted my original post when I updated at some point. I'll try to remember what I wrote!
My weight loss journey began last December 2012. We had spent a day with my friends taking pictures for our Christmas card.
It was a fun day! After my friend snapped a wonderful (and rare!) family picture of us, she let me see it on the camera's display. It was a cute picture of me, my husband, & our 2 kids. However....I could not get past how FAT I looked. It took me aback. I spent the rest of the picture taking time trying to pose as to flatter & hide my fat lol
I still managed to get one family picture that was decent for that day.

This was the catalyst for my weight loss. I want a better Christmas picture this year. And for many years to come!

Current weight: 195 feb 6, 2013.

Feb 8, 2013--189!
Feb 28--193 :/

March 6, 2013--183!!! Yeah!!

March 21--188.

April 22--185

April 27--183, for real!!

May 3, 2013-- 180 lbs.

June 3, 2013--177!!!! Yesssssss

July 18, 2013--172 lbs

September 9 2013---182 whoops!! Hahaha!!
Sept 27- 180 lbs
Oct 8-177 lbs

I am watching my calories, using my fitness pal and my bodymedia FIT link armband (I've only had it for about 4 days now!). I am currently aiming for 2000ish calories a day. That may seem excessive, but, after doing some reading on the myfitnesspal group "eat more to weigh less", the 1200 calorie default myfitnesspal gives you is not enough. The idea is to give your body fuel to burn the calories:)

Here is the link for that group if you are interested in reading about it:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less

Anyways, I have been working out at home (thank you Pinterest and YouTube!) and running. I may be joining the gym soon, though. My friend recently introduced me to yoga and I am hooked!! Hoping to take classes, too. I wold eventually like to learn cross fit. It seems intense!
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:29 AM

This is from the pics we took for our Christmas card...blah!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:32 PM
So after birthday cake the last two days, today is going to be a very cleansing day:)
Water, green tea, fruits and veggies only.
What's interesting to me, though. I ate for dinner last night, hamburger (homemade), and had cake afterwards nom nom it was just a small slice, but still.
After watching the scale go up and down all this week (not going below 195), I stepped on it this morning...194.8 lol

I'm taking it easy today.....very quiet day after a busy week last week and Monday. Going to yoga tonight, can't wait.
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Stepped on the scale this morning and 189 flashed back at me!!! Woohoo!!!

Very excited about that since I was stuck at 195 for quite some time.

Today I are a salad that had bleu cheese on it and I can still taste the sodium whoops. I'm off to down some water.

This weekend, I plan to run over this BIG bridge with quite the incline. I see people running it all the time, I'll be sure to tell how it went. I'm also curious how many miles it will be with that route. My usual route is 4.7 miles, and it is FLAT, right on the beach.

This bridge is also part of the course for 26.2 with Donna if I am not mistaken. Or it could be JTB. 26.2 with Donna is a local marathon run for breast cancer research.
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Ok so I bought these capris a couple weeks ago, in January. They are a size 10. I also purchased 2 pairs of size 10 shorts. I am currently a 12. Right now, and when I purchased them, I can pull them up, but cannot button them. I want to see how they fit by the time my cousin's wedding gets here (March 30th).

Hopefully I will be able to button them by then, without muffin top poking out Hahaa!!

I am 5'10, by the way.
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM
PS please excuse the mess in the background and the pudgy, white-a**, stretched marked belly! Teehee!
cherylmoore
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I was gonna say wow you must be tall. What a difference. Im 195 right now and wear size 18. I'm 5'2"
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Isn't it crazy the differences? Some of my girlfriends have always been a size 5-7 but I tell myself that I have always had a couple inches on them. As an adult, I don't think I've ever been under a size 10.

Quoting cherylmoore:

I was gonna say wow you must be tall. What a difference. Im 195 right now and wear size 18. I'm 5'2"
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I did it! I ran over the BIG bridge today. This is a SS from my map my run app.

I actually forgot to hit the "record" button until I was well over a mile into my run--whoops! So it was actually a 7.3 mile run and took roughly one hour and 22 minutes. The calories burned--I burned 1141 according to my body media armband. I did go into my settings on my MMR app and changed the weight. I still had it as me weighing 206.

The bridge was interesting. I think I will make it a once every 2 weeks deal, though.
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Gah! I hate this part of weight loss. I've been doing good...had a good drop recently. And now, my energy is gone and I have been watching the scale go back and forth (I know, hide the scale, I really should!).
I have been here...and quit last time. It was easy to. Just eat this or skip that work out, just once! And it turned I to many missed workouts and going way over my calorie goals.

I'm going to get over this hump....gonna run tonight....not going to give into the leftover valentines candy on top of the fridge....I just hate this feeling!

Maybe I'll go see if I've at least dropped some inches.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN