Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Really upset and really confused...help

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 18 Replies

I'm so discouraged!!! I have been busting my butt!!! I have been doing great counting calories and when I hit a pleateau I upped my excercise. I usually do Zumba 3-5 days a week for an hour well yesterday I upped it to 2 hours and went to the gym and did 10 minutes elleptical and lifted some weights and did 70-80 sit ups with a 12 lb ball. Well I was at 148 and got back down to 146. I weighed myself this morning and I back up to 148!!!! (I keep fluctuating those same pounds) I don't know what else to do!!!! Ugh. I could try cutting more carbs

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Here's the thing.. your weight can fluctuate up to 8 lbs per day. 

How much are you eating? What are you eating? 

If you did over 2 hours of workouts and you have eaten too little, your body will rebel- big time. You have to fuel your body properly. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

jordynsmom08
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I ate quite a bit yesterday. It was a busy day so I know I could have eaten more but Anyway I had

B: I toast with peanut utter and egg white on top. 

S: apple with peanut bbutters: 

L: brisket, fries and baked beans (unhealthy I know but a friend took me out to lunch)

s: orange

D: chicken breast and peas

S: apple with peanut butter

i know I need to up my veggies big time

Quoting mcginnisc:

If you did over 2 hours of workouts and you have eaten too little, your body will rebel- big time. You have to fuel your body properly. 

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:32 AM

How long has it been in that range? I agree with Claire that weight fluctuates a lot.  my weight is always up and down within 2 lbs.

jordynsmom08
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:46 PM

About 2-3 weeks

rileysmommy229
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM

my weight goes from 110-115 on a daily basis.

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:29 PM
3 moms liked this
You could have gained 2 pounds just from the salt you ate at lunch. I have gained 8-10 pounds overnight from salt. It could also be because you upped your exercise especially if you don't drink enough water(not saying you don't). Muscles retain water while they are healing. I know it's frustrating but it's probably not fat. As long as you are losing inches and your clothes are fitting better then you have nothing to worry about. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
You may need to eat more or add in a rest day:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Quoting jordynsmom08:

I ate quite a bit yesterday. It was a busy day so I know I could have eaten more but Anyway I had

B: I toast with peanut utter and egg white on top. You would do better with eating something like an omelet loaded with veggies. Greek yogurt with fruit, or eating a hard boiled egg in addition to the toast with PB

S: apple with peanut bbutters: PB again??

L: brisket, fries and baked beans (unhealthy I know but a friend took me out to lunch)Eating out can be a challenge... 

s: orangeFruit again? String cheese or veggies with hummus would have been a good choice

D: chicken breast and peasYou need another veggie, which you know already. 

S: apple with peanut butterHoly PB batman!! 3 times in a day?? I love PB myself, but you should get more variety..

Honestly, I think you need to eat a lot more..especially if you are working out that much. It is going to be counter productive to workout for 3 hours a day and eat so little as your body is not fueled properly. 

i know I need to up my veggies big time

Quoting mcginnisc:

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

HappyMommyToo
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Just so you know, muscle weighs more than fat. A good way to check is to also measure yourself in the areas you are working....

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Remember that the scale is only ONE tool at your disposal.  How are things fitting?  I've lost entire sizes without losing a pound.  Then suddenly 8 lbs will be gone, after weeks of no loss.  Try not to stress over the scale so much.

I agree that you're eating an awful lot of PB.  Don't get me wrong, I'd eat the whole jar if I could get away with it!  I LOVE me some PB, and it's a staple, but each TBSP is 100 cals, if you're eating natural stuff (the Skippy or Jiff or whatever with added sugars are even higher), so that adds up really fast.

Definitely up the veggies, and do what you can when you eat out.  Keep an eye on sodium content.

Overexercising can stall your weight loss, FYI.  When I was at my peak, running about 130 miles a month, biking, and strength training, my weight loss stalled big time.  When I slowed back down some, it started coming off again.  Plus, like Pilar said, your muscles retain water when you work them hard.  It has to do with blood volume- your vessels in your muscles dilate to get white blood cells and nutrients there to repair the microtears that happen during workouts (this is a good thing- the purpose of lifting weights is to create those microtears and stimulate this process, which leads to growth and strength).  But with the WBCs and nutrients must come water, which has some weight to it.  So this is all the more reason not to stress out over the scale. 

Have we calculated your BMR for you?  You might not be eating enough to keep up with how much you're exercising, which can also stall your weight loss.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN