Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How do i start to control myself with food. when something goes wrong instead of walking away .. i eat it. which probably won't help me much.. i am trying to get rid of sweets out my life. i made it 2 days and ended up having a twix yesterday .. now that i had a sweet , i have already had 2 sweets this morning..   I just need to stop.. and i need some ideas on how to help. which doesn't help that i get tense and if i don't watch it i explode on my family.. which isn't good.

help me please!!

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Replies (11-15):
ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM

It's a struggle, I know. This morning I wanted to stop by the doughnut shop so badly. I'm like you, I can't just eat a bite and move on. I have to avoid it all together or I will binge. I just try to think of it as one decision at a time and distract myself with something else.

flowrsgalore
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I think I am going to buy some gum & put it in the cupboard that usually has the sweets if they are in my house.

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I wuit eating sweets years ago.I stock up on yogurt with strawberries.When I do crave something sweet I grab that

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Yeah I agree with the others, I changed my idea of what sweets are.  My sweets are fresh and dried (unsweetened) fruits.  Also I did a sugar detox as part of a fast I was on and it worked.  I don't crave things at all.  One of the guys brought a ton of sweets in today and I looked at them, even went over to the boxes and closed them and walked away.  Just the smell was making me sick!

Mrs.Ro
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM

well i bought some 2 point bars from weight watchers. and if i just have 1 a day.. i wil be good.  :) 

It is to hard for me to quit sweets. so instead im just having weight watcher bars 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)