Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I started exercising at night...

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

right before bedtime, as well as in the morning when I get up.  Should I be eating a small snack after my evening exercise?  I don't eat before I exercise in the morning.   With the nighttime exercising, I usually end up being 1000 calories or more under my calorie goal... But most of the time I'm not hungry and I'm not starving when I wake up.  I do get thirsty during the night so I keep a big jug of water near my bed...

Margaret

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Drink plenty of water, and make sure you're eating enough calories. I, personally, would add a small fiber and protein rich snack just to keep your metabolism going.

emilyrosenj
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Like a piece of toast with peanut butter ?  I'm trying to stay away from carbs at night because it keeps me awake.  Sometimes I will have a sweet potato or something.  Do you have other ideas for good snacks?  Thanks for your help.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Drink plenty of water, and make sure you're eating enough calories. I, personally, would add a small fiber and protein rich snack just to keep your metabolism going.

Margaret

mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM

String cheese?

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't eat after my night/evening workouts but I do eat a small snack an hour or so before. I eat a handful of raw nuts, an apple, a couple of scrambled egg whites, a green smoothie, bell pepper with hummus, a small salad, some frozen berries with almond milk or any combination of those things. If you aren't hungry then you probably don't need to eat. If you start getting really fatigued, get headaches or moody then you should probably eat more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm moody huh! LOL!  Maybe I'll have my smoothies at night instead of in the morning and have other things for breakfast... Thanks!

Quoting caterpilar:

I don't eat after my night/evening workouts but I do eat a small snack an hour or so before. I eat a handful of raw nuts, an apple, a couple of scrambled egg whites, a green smoothie, bell pepper with hummus, a small salad, some frozen berries with almond milk or any combination of those things. If you aren't hungry then you probably don't need to eat. If you start getting really fatigued, get headaches or moody then you should probably eat more.

Margaret

emilyrosenj
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Yeah I love string cheese but I need to find natural ones that only have cultured milk in them... The other kind have too many additives and my stomach cannot handle those anymore...

Quoting mem82:

String cheese?

Margaret

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I get super moody and tired if I am low on calories! Much more than normal. Lol.

Quoting emilyrosenj:

Hmmm moody huh! LOL!  Maybe I'll have my smoothies at night instead of in the morning and have other things for breakfast... Thanks!

Quoting caterpilar:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think it matters if you eat after, but maybe try to plan out your whole day ahead of time so you're eating more throughout the day ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
yogurt and fruit just before bed. or cottage cheese and fruit, etc i read a dairy and fruit just before bed is really great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM

My best suggestion is to experiment and see what feels best to you.  Just be sure you're getting in those calories one way or the other!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)