Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Do you notice changes when you are losing weight? Like in sleep, or other things? a little TMI

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 24 Replies

The post where the momma said she was having trouble sleeping got me thinking; whenever I am losing weight well, I seem to have trouble sleeping. And I go pee way more and sometimes go more of #2.  Sorry for the TMI. 

Do any of you notice changes with those types of things when you are losing weight?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I have notice a difference in my potty habits since I am drinking more water. And using almond milk for my Vi shakes. It has helped my other potty habits. Along with DD's. She drinks almond or lactose free and its helped her potty too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM
And as far as sleep goes. Its crap anyways with the kids still coming into my bed every night. :(
cherylmoore
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I sleep better and dh says my snoring is not as bad
Jazmyn1
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I sleep a lot less and am more regular
Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I sleep better, but that's mainly because my diabetes was out of whack, so I had night sweats and leg cramps.  I sleep MUCH better now. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM
This!!
I do sleep poorly and have more BMs after a super intense workout. Sometimes the sore muscles will keep me awake, and make me toss and turn. My bowels are moving along well for a few days after I really push it. I had a race Sunday, and while it didn't negatively affect my sleep, I'm "cleaned out."

Quoting cherylmoore:

I sleep better and dh says my snoring is not as bad
BelindaDuvessa
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Going to the bathroom more while trying to sleep, especially if I drank alot before bed.  I can sleep a bit better now, because I can roll onto my stomach, but I get up 2-3 times a night, which can be frustrating.  Sometimes it's only once, but I also always wake up.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Another thing about when I lose weight, firm mattresses hurt my hip bones now! And I am not skinny. But I noticed that once I lost 20 lbs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Yep, I haven't noticed the sleeping yet, but I do pee more and have more frequent BMs. I have to make sure to have a BM before I start insanity or else I'll need to go really bad during lol. I attribute this to healthier eating though. More water and more fiber from fruits and veggies.
itsm3
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

i'm going to give it to you straight, the good and the bad, when it comes to weight loss (at least what i've experienced).

the good: pure awesomesause all around -

• awesome sleep
  • awesome skin
  • awesome mood
  • awesome energy
  • awesome outlook on life
  • awesome sex becase you feel so sexy and awesome

the bad:

• the most rank farts and shits ever.  i'm so sorry but this is so true.  i eat healthy & clean 100% of the time and never cheat.  but i think becuase of this and because i eat so many veggies, my farts are the worst. like, so bad it sometimes makes me tear

i poop daily at 830am without fail.  this is why i never schedule meetings at this time because i can't!  and they are so stinky i can't even stand it myself however, the color is good (yes, i look because i was told that you must look at your poop to make sure it's not black or some weird color), i'm not constipated and it is a good "consistency".  i know, yuck, but everytime i drop a deuce, i feel SO amazing... like my intestines are squeaky clean.  thanks, to my daily breakfast of overnight oats in a jar  :)

but this is how it works -- you eat clean, your digestive tract will respond and eliminate efficiently.

with the water, your body gets used to it and you won't go as much.  i drink 3 24oz bottles and at first, i was going every hour but that decreased as my body adjusted.

btw, OP, your profile pic is adorable :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN