Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

natural weight loss supplements?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:18 AM
  • 9 Replies

Anyone try saffron? 

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:18 AM
I've never heard of saffron as a weight loss supplement. The spice is good, but very expensive. If you're getting saffron for cheap, it's fake. That's actually one of the foods that has come to light as often being fake for the sake of bringing costs down. Beware!! No idea what the fake stuff is made of.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Never heard of it!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Another Dr. Oz thing.....*sigh*...

There is no real proof that it works for weight loss. They have only tested 60 people...yes, only 60 people to see if it works for weight loss. That is not a big enough group of people to make it viable. Could saffron extract work? Maybe...

It is $50 per bottle, which is a 1 month supply....$600 per year on a supplement that might work...willing to spend that much money and find out if it works? I'm not. LOL....the problem like Suz said is that saffron, REAL saffron goes for $300/oz.. yes, that is oz. It is the stamen of the crocus flower. You can only harvest a few stamens from each flower, which is why it is so expensive. It is going to be difficult to find s supplement that is made with true saffron and not an imposter. 

Honestly, I would stick with eating cleanly, drinking water and exercising..you will reap far more benefits in the long run than spending $600 per year on what could be fake saffron. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

itsm3
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:41 AM
2 moms liked this

weight loss doesn't come in a pill or powder form.  the ONLY way to lose weight is to eat clean, track your calories and regular exercise.  that's it.

ashleigh24
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Never heard of it but I do take ACE! It has helped me so much with my appetite and gives me great energy. I have tried other things and they all make me sick but not this one. I've been taking it for almost 2 months. I've lost 21 pounds but I'm also eating right and working out!! I'm changing my whole lifestyle and this is just another helpful tool getting me on the right track.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I've tried soooooo many "natural" weight loss supplements thru the years --and I've lost weight on most of them.  BUT, the minute I got off, I gradually starting gaining all the weight back.  I kept telling myself it was ok to take them because they were all "natural".  I have a good friend who is taking a "natural" weight loss supplement right now.  And she has lost about 20 pounds.  But, unless she wants to take them from now on...she will gain the weight back.  It's hard to get thru to someone losing on the supplements when they are losing weight.  My advice...run from them. Stick to clean healthy eating and exercise.

RoyalT26
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Thanks all, I'm on the slimmer side and finding getting off the excess very difficult, I do eat healthy and exercise 5 times a week.

RoyalT26
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Quoting itsm3:

weight loss doesn't come in a pill or powder form.  the ONLY way to lose weight is to eat clean, track your calories and regular exercise.  that's it.

Thanks all, I'm on the slimmer side and finding getting off the excess very difficult, I do eat healthy and exercise 5 times a week.

AromaDrops33
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I recommend DoTerra Slim & Sassy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)