Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad Time of Day

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM
  • 5 Replies

I'm a SAHM to my 13 month old daughter, and I babysit another little boy who's almost 2. I need to lose around 60 pounds. Do you notice certain times of the day when you tend to overeat? I'm fine all morning long and through lunch because I'm so busy. But then once the kids are both napping and I have a minute to relax, that's when I tend to make bad choices out of boredom. We're TRYING to keep healthier food in the house, but hubby still has to have some chips and other things. Any suggestions??

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:44 AM

My husband works nights, so my worst time is after the kids go to bed and I'm alone. 

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I do good all thru the day, but the evenings are a real challenge for me.  Perhaps, because that's when I sitting and watching tv and winding down.  Sometimes, I go to bed early just to avoid the temptation of eating! :) 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I still struggle with evenings, though not nearly as badly as I used to.

What about taking that time for your workout?  Or doing something else to distract yourself?  Maybe put a sign up on the way to the kitchen that says something like, "Bored or hungry?"

As for having things in the house for the hubs, yeah, that was a struggle in the beginning for us, too.  We finally worked out some compromises- things he loved that are easy for me to stay away from (or only have one bite of).  At the time, it was spumoni ice cream and Pop Tarts, now it's those big pretzel things and granola in his yogurt (the guy lives on strawberry yogurt and Diet Coke- don't get me started!!!).  Have a conversation and meet in the middle on some stuff.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:15 AM
After work is hard for me sometimes. I make sure to eat lots of protein earlier in the day. Usually I have plenty of calories to have a sting cheese and pistachios. I work our right after work and then I'll have a protein drink which is 300 calories. I may have 150 calories left for the day. It's hard to eat my full amount of calories per day since I'm eating completely healthy instead of eating the fried fatty food I was eating before...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Definately at night after everyone is tucked away in their beds. It's calm and quiet and I can eat without having to share or being interrupted. I sometimes save my dinner to eat after they are all in bed so I can enjoy it in peace, but not eat extra junk calories
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)