Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not eating much these days and even not having dinner at all , runing after my 1yo baby all day but balance still sayin that i'm FAT

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 10 Replies
what the hell is that ???
i was practising sport everyday 1h to 1h 30 mn/day ... i had a very nice body till i get prego , was difficult period , even a a birth , 1 year after that i can't get back my old shape :( feel sad :'(
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
N_maricle
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are getting exercise, but not losing weight, you need to take in less calories. Do you track your food using a tool such as my fitness pal? It's been very helpful for me:) also drinking lots of water helps.

justinnaimee
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
If your not eating much its likely youre not eating enough and throwing your body into starvation mode.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM
3 moms liked this

You have to eat. Period. If you don't fuel your body properly, you will not lose weight effectively. You will in fact lose muscle mass. 

Food is fuel. By not eating much, you are putting your organs in danger, as well as storing fat as fuel instead of burning it. 

If you need to set a timer to eat at certain times of day, then do so..it works for a lot of ladies in here. Also, chasing a toddler is not exercise as much as we moms would like it to be..it falls under daily living activities as far as calories goes..you burn maybe 2-3 cals per minute chasing a toddler. For exercise to actually count, it needs to raise your heart rate, preferably for 30 minutes at a time. 

Focus on eating several times per day, incorporate exercise into your day by dancing with your baby, or do workouts you find on youtube, On Demand, Netflix or DVDs which are pretty cheap. 

You CAN do this!

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

twinsies041
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Either one of these could be right. Try tracking your calories for a day on my fitness pal. Or even just write down what you ate and look at it at the end of the day. Sometimes when you have a little one the snacking all day can add up! Trust me I know lol!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mummyLauano
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:59 AM
im bacl slimming but because im b/feedin..
but i drink @lst 2ltre + fruits+ veggies and less fatty food nd it works ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Claire. You need to eat. If you have to set a timer to do so, then do it.  Your thyroid and metabolism will decline if you're not eating, and it will be more difficult to lose body fat in the long run. There are also all kinds of exercises you can do with your baby. Let her/him be your weight for resistance training. Look on YouTube... lots of fun things for mommies and babies. wink

Xfitmom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:31 AM

The issue is you are not eating enough (most likely). Not eating enough makes your body go into starvation mode. I'm not sure what you are eating exactly but that may have a big factor as well.

reneawesley
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I agree with Claire. Good luck! You can do this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Claire and Abby- you need to eat more.  Cutting your calories too drastically will actually set you back.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

caramelH
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM
i looks like the one on left , that makes me want to cray :'( cant feel sexy ,
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)