Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Do you plan out your menu?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 17 Replies
I've noticed, when I haven't planned out what I am going to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks ahead of time, I get hungry and tend to snack on whatever is quick and easy -- not necissarily healthy. So to help myself out, I am planning my meals a few days in advance. I love Pinterest and found a ton of recipes.

Do you plan ahead?
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SusanArlene
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I used to, when I was with Weight Watcher's. It really does help knowing what you are going to eat ahead of time. I lost weight doing this. But then I stopped going due to various reasons. Keeping track of what you eat also helps you stay focused on eating healthy. I would look things up in the food planner and purposely pick out foods that were healthy for me. When I don't do that, I tend to go back to my old unhealthy eating habits. It's amazing how much "junk" we feed our body. 

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I try to.  I try to meal plan for my family for the week.  I work so I will bring my breakfast and lunch.  Today:

Breakfast - hard boiled eggs and coffee

Snack: light vanilla yogurt with frozen fruit (i'm eating it now and it makes the yogurt colder and the fruit is thawed enough to be very tasty)

Lunch: Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, spinach salad

Snack for later: yogurt raisins

Dinner: Pork chops, corn on the cob, and salad.

I already added all my calories for the day:  1116

*Now I know that I need to get in about 200-300 more calories.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Yea I usually log what I'm going to eat in myfitnesspal the night before.  Sometimes on Sunday night I fill in most of the week and just change it as I go :)

KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM

More or less. I always plan out my breakfast, lunch and snacks because I almost always eat those at the office. DH does the grocery shopping. He's pretty good about planning healthy dinners. If he brings home something bad like... those boxed scalloped potatoes... I just eat the veggie and meat and not the processed potatoes.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I do- a day or two at a time

itsm3
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM

i plan my week's meals every saturday evening (i write it all out per week for each  meal time) and then i shop and make everything on sunday, packed and ready to go for the week. 

sophiesmom07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I try to. I usually have a few meals in mind when I do my grocery shopping. It definitely helps with eating better. I love Pinterest, it has really helped with getting new ideas!

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I was good at menu planning for awhile (just dinner) but once my focus changed to working out, I dropped it. I need to start it up again. It does help!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I plan ahead by making bulk foods and just having everything I eat already ready to grab. I dont menu plan though because I never want it.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Yes, I'm just getting back into this, actually.  I did it for a long time, and it really helped.  I just planned out two weeks, and I'm so glad I did!!  It takes a big chunk of time once, but it saves me so much time over the course of the week.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)