Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Healthy diet pills? UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 15 Replies
So im looking for a healthy dieting pill that wont require me to completely change the types of food I eat. I don't eat fast foods or deep fried foods, no soda and trying to stay away from the sweet tea. Im in college and have a year old son, so it is hard to get exercise in. I was wondering what you ladies think about hydroxycut or saffron diet pills? Please any advice will help!

Update- From reading your guys comments and looking into it more, I've decided to go buy a treadmill so I can exercise at home while my son is napping. And staying away from all pills. Im getting one this weekend! :D
Thank you ladies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EoEmama
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM

... Just count your calories and stay in your range. IMO none are good for you. :)

Mandy575
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Diet pills are bad for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleigh24
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I am taking ACE. Look up online. Make sure you read everything about it before taking something. I get sick with everything I've tried before either headaches or it goes right back up. ACE works for me but I know everyone says not to use diet pills but I'm changing my lifestyle too. Im working out and eating right! I've lost 21 pounds in 2 months! Good luck with whatever you decide to take. I got a free sample to make sure I wouldn't get sick before I bought it.
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:08 PM

nope.  its all about food then.  I use myfitnesspal.com.  You can still track calories of what you eat.  When you go to class, take a healthy lunch with healthy snacks.

cherylmoore
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I take a multi vitamin. It helps me have more energy. But not diet pills. You can lose weight without them

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:04 PM
3 moms liked this
The words "healthy" and "diet pills" are never used in the same sentence by me. And you won't find many recommendations for diet pills in this group as it is a healthy weight loss group where the majority of us are doing this by making lifestyle changes like eating healthier and exercising often. That's the best way to do it and the only way if you want to keep the weight off.
Marissab09
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Thanks ladies. I will definitely put all of your advice into consideration!
haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
There aren't any!
Aloysious
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:13 PM

IMO none are good for you. 

Find out what your caloric needs are using a BMR calculator-just google it.  And then start eating smaller portions.  Don't add salt to your food, increase your water intake and use a calorie counter like My Fitness Pal to keep your calories in check.

Jos40
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM
What about the green coffee bean one with keynotes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)