Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Feeling unorganized

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 8 Replies
Since I've started working out, I feel bad for the rest of the stuff I was good at doing. Like couponing and cleaning and menu planning. I have let some things I used to do slide majorly. I even feel overwhelmed getting together with my friends sometimes because i know there is other things that need to be done! I feel unorganized. Idk if I know what it is--being a little overwhelmed with this new routine. I don't want to give up on working out but I definitely feel bad about not being able to balance all the other stuff. What to do? Did y'all go through this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM

My life outside the box, ring, gym is a mess but I wouldnt have it any other way :)

mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:11 PM

It took a little adjustment, especially because I homeschool. I just started to be more productive at somethings, and then less concerned about others.

Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Working out definitely cuts into a lot of the things I used to do.  I used to crochet like crazy, and I'm lucky to pick up a hook twice a week now.  I hardly ever read either.  Of course, that stuff isn't nearly as important as working out, and I know couponing and cleaning are pretty high priority for you!  =)  I do meal plan better now, though... I can't handle not having a meal plan for the week.  If I'm not prepared, we're far too likely to get take out. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I have to really manage my time well in order to get my workouts in.  It's hard mama, but you can do it!  Hugs!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

It definitely requires balance and realistic expectations of how much can fit on your plate.  My house is NOT guest-ready.  I have no time for most of the things I used to, between working out, school, cooking, and trying to get in time with my family.  But those are my top priorities.  When I can afford to, I'll hire a cleaning lady.  But in the meantime, I live with a less-than-ideally-clean home.  I miss time with friends, but now that's shifted to runs with friends (when we can coordinate schedules!).  Now I'm just trying to find a way to get a treadmill so I can study and at least walk instead of sit on my butt!  I'd rather be running, but I think it's physically impossible to read (let alone make notecards!!) and run!  LOL

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
It takes a lot of discipline and time management. I work 10 hour days, homeschool, I am also a full time student and am trying to train our 46lb puppy. I ALWSYS make sure the kitchen is clean. No dishes in the sink, or if there are they are washed off already and waiting to go in the dishwasher (assuming the dishwasher is running). The living room is clean anyway along with the dining room or else the puppy will chew on it. My daughter (4 years) has to clean her room every night before bed, the bathroom stays clean, our room is the messiest. We try to keep the apartment guest ready. We just close our bedroom door if anyone comes over lol.

Having the kitchen constantly clean really helps me make better choices with food. I never have the excuse of "the cutting board is dirty" or "I wouldn't have any tupperwear to save the food in". I love walking in my door and seeing my clean kitchen. Lol
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Oh I am totally like that with the kitchen too!! The rest of the house is a mess, but the kitchen has to be clean:) in fact I can't go to bed with it messy. Stresses me out!

The rest of the house def not guest ready :/ but I am OK with that, too.

I am thinking about getting one of those big calendars to see if it helps. Jot down stuff to do for the week and *try* to stick with it.

I'll have to play around with it, I guess!
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I'm the same way! My house is WAY messier than it ever has been. I find myself saying no to gatherings bc I'd rather work out. I do feel bad but I'm so into exercising!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)