Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clean eating mommies

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM
  • 7 Replies
Can you share some of your favorite meals and snacks? I work 5 days a week and I try to cook myself lunch the night before but far too often I resort to frozen lunches and I know those are not good. I don't feel as full when i eat the frozen stuff either.

Also, what are some good snack ideas to boost my calories, I have found I am eating much too little. I am not crazy about hummus and that is the snack idea I usually get.

I just wanted some good clean eating ideas for lunches and snacks. Thanks in advance!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
stacey1103
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:11 PM
An apple and peanut butter is my fave snack. When I worked in the office (I'm a WAHM now) I kept a jar of peanut butter in my drawer and several apples. Nuts are good. Avocados are perfect for good fat, maybe make guacamole and have cut veggies for dipping.
Mommy_Natural
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Thanks, great ideas! Those are both things I could easily bring to work. :)

Quoting stacey1103:

An apple and peanut butter is my fave snack. When I worked in the office (I'm a WAHM now) I kept a jar of peanut butter in my drawer and several apples. Nuts are good. Avocados are perfect for good fat, maybe make guacamole and have cut veggies for dipping.
Xfitmom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

When I'm on the go I reach for unsalted pistachios (rich in good fats and filling). I love salads, cucumbers, tomatoes, jicama (I love jicama), sugar snap peas. My lunch salads are usually under 200 calories which is nice.  I love almond butter and apples.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Homemade hummus and veggies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aclovesdj
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I dont have any experience with not eating enough....but some of my favorites are 

lunch: salad especailly with some purple cabbage and lots of other veggies and then a meat of your choosing!!!

Snacks: trail mix yum, yogurt, fruit, 

Quoting Mommy_Natural:

Can you share some of your favorite meals and snacks? I work 5 days a week and I try to cook myself lunch the night before but far too often I resort to frozen lunches and I know those are not good. I don't feel as full when i eat the frozen stuff either.

Also, what are some good snack ideas to boost my calories, I have found I am eating much too little. I am not crazy about hummus and that is the snack idea I usually get.

I just wanted some good clean eating ideas for lunches and snacks. Thanks in advance!!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Most of my lunches are leftovers from dinners.  But I also make things like plain Greek yogurt with maple syrup and berries or salads.

For snacks, I do a lot of apples, bananas or celery with PB (or on toast), carrots and hummus, fruit, hard boiled eggs, string cheese, nuts, cherry tomatoes, popcorn...

Have you ever checked out Clean Eating magazine?  I get a TON of ideas there.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Mommy_Natural
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for all the suggestions!! Just went shopping, so here's to a week of eating clean and not frozen diet crap. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)