Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Why am I not losing weight?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM
  • 34 Replies
Ive lost two pounds since ive started this a month ago and i thought i would lose more but im not. I eat six small meals a day, no sugar, no cokes, lean meat, veggies and fruit and im exercising everyday! I just dont get it. Im getting a little frustrated and wondering if im doing this right. Grrrrr!!!

Edit: My clothes are fitting better and my stomach seems to be getting flatter. I drink half my weight in oz of water. I get 8-9 hours of sleep.
I am doing 30 day shred right now and i also do 10 min arms and 10 abs workouts daily. Maybe i should workout more?

As far as food for breakfast i usually eat egg whites, oatmeal, whole wheat english muffin or a smoothie with whey protein. Jus depends on what im in the mood for. Mid morning snack is sometimes fruit or a protein shake.
Lunch is almost always a chicken breast and baby carrots or a sweet potato. But sometimes i do make a wrap with spinach, black beans and corn and a lil salsa.
Afternoon snack is apples with pb.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.ChiMama.
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Are your clothes fitting better? I find that sometimes I may not get a scale victory but I do feel my clothes fit different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:43 AM
How hard are u working out? Are u taking rest days? Ur muscles might be holding on to water. It happens with a new workout sometimes. It'll pass. Also, u need rest days.
Megan11587
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Are you on any medications that may hinder weight loss? Have you had your thyroid checked out?
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:07 AM

How much food are you eating?  Are you tracking your food?  Have you lost inches?

..Sarah..
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:12 AM
2 moms liked this
You may already be doing this- but make sure you are eating enough calories. Not enough makes your body go into fat-storage mode. I agree with whomever previously asked if your clothes are fitting differently. You may very well be replacing fat with muscle and muscle weighs more. If you're tracking your measurements along with your weight, this might encourage you on your journey- especially if only one number seems to be going down.
itsm3
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:26 AM

are you losing inches? i always lose inches first before i lose weight.

also are you tracking your cals and eating enough?  eating too little? 

QueenieAbby
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Without knowing exactly what you're doing, it's difficult to make a prediction of what you may or may not be doing that is correct. There are many different reasons why you've stopped losing weight.

I'm glad to hear you are exercising. Your foods in general look good, but it's difficult to say without see a day's worth of meals with serving sizes and such. If you're willing, please list your foods (as well as the type of exercise you're doing and for how long).

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Make sure you are getting enough water and sleep.  And take some days off exercising so your body can rest. I seem to lose less if I exercise too much/too often.

cherylmoore
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I wasn't losing much either until I started drinking enough water. Since then my weight loss has doubled
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I would love to see exactly what you eat in a day..sometimes another set of eyes helps. 

How much water do you drink? 

What kind of workouts are you doing? How long? How ofen? 

If you answer all of those, I might be able to help you more. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN