Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ive lost two pounds since ive started this a month ago and i thought i would lose more but im not. I eat six small meals a day, no sugar, no cokes, lean meat, veggies and fruit and im exercising everyday! I just dont get it. Im getting a little frustrated and wondering if im doing this right. Grrrrr!!!

Edit: My clothes are fitting better and my stomach seems to be getting flatter. I drink half my weight in oz of water. I get 8-9 hours of sleep.
I am doing 30 day shred right now and i also do 10 min arms and 10 abs workouts daily. Maybe i should workout more?

As far as food for breakfast i usually eat egg whites, oatmeal, whole wheat english muffin or a smoothie with whey protein. Jus depends on what im in the mood for. Mid morning snack is sometimes fruit or a protein shake.
Lunch is almost always a chicken breast and baby carrots or a sweet potato. But sometimes i do make a wrap with spinach, black beans and corn and a lil salsa.
Afternoon snack is apples with pb.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
iknitsweatersyo
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM
No medications. No i havent had that checked. Never thought about that. Maybe i should.

Quoting Megan11587:

Are you on any medications that may hinder weight loss? Have you had your thyroid checked out?

iknitsweatersyo
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I think im eating enough. Ive tried tracking calories but i just cant. Ive struggled with eating disorders for a long time and counting calories makes me want to stop eating and i want to lose weight the healthy way. (Crazy i know) But ive been making sure i eat six small meals a day though and that im eating healthy.

Quoting ..Sarah..:

You may already be doing this- but make sure you are eating enough calories. Not enough makes your body go into fat-storage mode. I agree with whomever previously asked if your clothes are fitting differently. You may very well be replacing fat with muscle and muscle weighs more. If you're tracking your measurements along with your weight, this might encourage you on your journey- especially if only one number seems to be going down.

iknitsweatersyo
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I take two rest days a week. Im doing 30 day shred plus 10 min of abs and 10 min of arms.

Quoting mhaney03:

How hard are u working out? Are u taking rest days? Ur muscles might be holding on to water. It happens with a new workout sometimes. It'll pass. Also, u need rest days.

January1964
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Did you cut out dairy? My personal trainer said to cut out dairy. My husband eats no dairy, anyhow, so this should not be hard. Do the plank exercise for a flat stomach.

chrisnjoesmom
Hope everyone has a nice Easter!
Today at 11:43 AM
by Adrienne on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM
It looks like your diet is missing healthy fats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrisnjoesmom
Hope everyone has a nice Easter!
Today at 11:43 AM
by Adrienne on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Why cut out dairy?

Quoting January1964:

Did you cut out dairy? My personal trainer said to cut out dairy. My husband eats no dairy, anyhow, so this should not be hard. Do the plank exercise for a flat stomach.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
January1964
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Why cut out dairy?

That is what makes you (one) fat. Also, if you knew how cheese was made, it would disgust you. Look it up on the Internet: "Why cut out dairy" or "the benefits of not eating dairy. " My trainer also said no bread, but that's a bit extreme, I think. Moderation is fine. No soda of course. No candy. No juice---just water. Juice contains a lot of extra calories.
Quoting January1964: 

mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I have never been able to get on the 'dairy is bad' ve band Wagon. I honestly believe that it is an important part of a healthy diet. I think just like cutting any food group out, it can help you lose weight in the short term. I think then other healthy eating habits start to work and the weight loss is continued but the lack of dairy is cited as the cause. I am not belittling anyone's choices. Just my opinion. Sorry, it's a little choppy. I am on mobile. Lol

Quoting January1964:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Why cut out dairy?

That is what makes you (one) fat. Also, if you knew how cheese was made, it would disgust you. Look it up on the Internet: "Why cut out dairy" or "the benefits of not eating dairy. " My trainer also said no bread, but that's a bit extreme, I think. Moderation is fine. No soda of course. No candy. No juice---just water. Juice contains a lot of extra calories.

Quoting January1964: 

January1964
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Quoting mem82:

I have never been able to get on the 'dairy is bad' ve band Wagon. I honestly believe that it is an important part of a healthy diet. I think just like cutting any food group out, it can help you lose weight in the short term. I think then other healthy eating habits start to work and the weight loss is continued but the lack of dairy is cited as the cause. I am not belittling anyone's choices. Just my opinion. Sorry, it's a little choppy. I am on mobile. Lol

I understand what you are saying. It does sound extreme. You could cut down somewhat. I bought soy yogurt and we already drink soy milk and use it in cooking.

Quoting January1964:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Why cut out dairy?

Quoting January1964: 

mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM
3 moms liked this
*shudder * I believe that soy isn't very good for you. Lol I think I am just too much of the farm girl to get into things like that. I'm more of the veggies and meat are the way to go kind of girl. 8)

Quoting January1964:

Quoting mem82:

I understand what you are saying. It does sound extreme. You could cut down somewhat. I bought soy yogurt and we already drink soy milk and use it in cooking.

Quoting January1964:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Why cut out dairy?

Quoting January1964: 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)