Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
Ive lost two pounds since ive started this a month ago and i thought i would lose more but im not. I eat six small meals a day, no sugar, no cokes, lean meat, veggies and fruit and im exercising everyday! I just dont get it. Im getting a little frustrated and wondering if im doing this right. Grrrrr!!!

Edit: My clothes are fitting better and my stomach seems to be getting flatter. I drink half my weight in oz of water. I get 8-9 hours of sleep.
I am doing 30 day shred right now and i also do 10 min arms and 10 abs workouts daily. Maybe i should workout more?

As far as food for breakfast i usually eat egg whites, oatmeal, whole wheat english muffin or a smoothie with whey protein. Jus depends on what im in the mood for. Mid morning snack is sometimes fruit or a protein shake.
Lunch is almost always a chicken breast and baby carrots or a sweet potato. But sometimes i do make a wrap with spinach, black beans and corn and a lil salsa.
Afternoon snack is apples with pb.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
January1964
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mem82:

*shudder * I believe that soy isn't very good for you. Lol I think I am just too much of the farm girl to get into things like that. I'm more of the veggies and meat are the way to go kind of girl. 8)

Meat? Not meat. That stuff rots in your colon and stays there. See, no one can agree. Just do what works for you! Soy is fine in moderation, really, just like everything else. Good luck.

Quoting January1964:

Quoting mem82:

I have never been able to get on the 'dairy is bad' ve band Wagon. I honestly believe that it is an important part of a healthy diet. I think just like cutting any food group out, it can help you lose weight in the short term. I think then other healthy eating habits start to work and the weight loss is continued but the lack of dairy is cited as the cause. I am not belittling anyone's choices. Just my opinion. Sorry, it's a little choppy. I am on mobile. Lol

I understand what you are saying. It does sound extreme. You could cut down somewhat. I bought soy yogurt and we already drink soy milk and use it in cooking.

Quoting January1964:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Why cut out dairy?

That is what makes you (one) fat. Also, if you knew how cheese was made, it would disgust you. Look it up on the Internet: "Why cut out dairy" or "the benefits of not eating dairy. " My trainer also said no bread, but that's a bit extreme, I think. Moderation is fine. No soda of course. No candy. No juice---just water. Juice contains a lot of extra calories.

Quoting January1964: 

Did you cut out dairy? My personal trainer said to cut out dairy. My husband eats no dairy, anyhow, so this should not be hard. Do the plank exercise for a flat stomach.

Megan11587
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I agree.  There are many sources that disagree with the no dairy fad.

Quoting mem82:

I have never been able to get on the 'dairy is bad' ve band Wagon. I honestly believe that it is an important part of a healthy diet. I think just like cutting any food group out, it can help you lose weight in the short term. I think then other healthy eating habits start to work and the weight loss is continued but the lack of dairy is cited as the cause. I am not belittling anyone's choices. Just my opinion. Sorry, it's a little choppy. I am on mobile. Lol

Quoting January1964:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Why cut out dairy?

That is what makes you (one) fat. Also, if you knew how cheese was made, it would disgust you. Look it up on the Internet: "Why cut out dairy" or "the benefits of not eating dairy. " My trainer also said no bread, but that's a bit extreme, I think. Moderation is fine. No soda of course. No candy. No juice---just water. Juice contains a lot of extra calories.

Quoting January1964: 

Did you cut out dairy? My personal trainer said to cut out dairy. My husband eats no dairy, anyhow, so this should not be hard. Do the plank exercise for a flat stomach.

roxysmommy
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Meat does not rot in your gut, lol

http://www.gnolls.org/1444/does-meat-rot-in-your-colon-no-what-does-beans-grains-and-vegetables/

Quoting January1964:

Quoting mem82:

*shudder * I believe that soy isn't very good for you. Lol I think I am just too much of the farm girl to get into things like that. I'm more of the veggies and meat are the way to go kind of girl. 8)

Meat? Not meat. That stuff rots in your colon and stays there. See, no one can agree. Just do what works for you! Soy is fine in moderation, really, just like everything else. Good luck.

Quoting January1964:

Quoting mem82:

I understand what you are saying. It does sound extreme. You could cut down somewhat. I bought soy yogurt and we already drink soy milk and use it in cooking.

Quoting January1964:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Why cut out dairy?

Quoting January1964: 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

(Sarah Robinson). Get yours at bighugelabs.com
TiffanyD78
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Check this website out before you do anything else. I promise results are here. My friend who has struggled with weight all her life has had this change her life!
www.drinklifein.com
Www.researchmoringa.com
KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I see some anti-dairy, etc. reponses. I do think some people have some sensitivities to certain kinds of foods which can make them bloat/retain water. For me.... it seems to be grains. I do eat a minimal amount of them, but I have cut WAY back.  I don't eat any after 2pm. But... this is NOT true for everyone. I am not sensitive to dairy... but some folks are. I am not overly sensitive to fat content, but there's a lady in my office who swears that she can lose four pounds a week just cutting her fat content.

I know you are frustrated, but I would start playing around with your diet... the kind of foods that you eat ...and to see what happens.

mommynewc
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I am having similar issues and went to the doc this week for blood work and it turns out my thyroid is running on the low end of normal and my vitamin D levels are extremely low. After researching I never knew that low vitamin D could make me gain weight along with lots of other issues I was having. Just a thought.
iknitsweatersyo
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Hmmm...i eat avacados, nuts and olive oil. I cook with olive oil too. Those are good right?

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

It looks like your diet is missing healthy fats.

iknitsweatersyo
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I will. Thanks!

Quoting KCisPaulsMom:

I see some anti-dairy, etc. reponses. I do think some people have some sensitivities to certain kinds of foods which can make them bloat/retain water. For me.... it seems to be grains. I do eat a minimal amount of them, but I have cut WAY back.  I don't eat any after 2pm. But... this is NOT true for everyone. I am not sensitive to dairy... but some folks are. I am not overly sensitive to fat content, but there's a lady in my office who swears that she can lose four pounds a week just cutting her fat content.

I know you are frustrated, but I would start playing around with your diet... the kind of foods that you eat ...and to see what happens.

iknitsweatersyo
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I will check it out. Thanks!

Quoting TiffanyD78:

Check this website out before you do anything else. I promise results are here. My friend who has struggled with weight all her life has had this change her life!

www.drinklifein.com

Www.researchmoringa.com

ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM
If you aren't jogging, I would suggest that. That's how I lost the majority of my weight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN