Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ive lost two pounds since ive started this a month ago and i thought i would lose more but im not. I eat six small meals a day, no sugar, no cokes, lean meat, veggies and fruit and im exercising everyday! I just dont get it. Im getting a little frustrated and wondering if im doing this right. Grrrrr!!!

Edit: My clothes are fitting better and my stomach seems to be getting flatter. I drink half my weight in oz of water. I get 8-9 hours of sleep.
I am doing 30 day shred right now and i also do 10 min arms and 10 abs workouts daily. Maybe i should workout more?

As far as food for breakfast i usually eat egg whites, oatmeal, whole wheat english muffin or a smoothie with whey protein. Jus depends on what im in the mood for. Mid morning snack is sometimes fruit or a protein shake.
Lunch is almost always a chicken breast and baby carrots or a sweet potato. But sometimes i do make a wrap with spinach, black beans and corn and a lil salsa.
Afternoon snack is apples with pb.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Replies (31-34):
CLEKate
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM

How much do you have to lose?  Cause that will make a huge impact on how quickly you can expect to lose.

2 pounds in a month means you have lost about 1/2 pound a week.  That is on the slow side, but still not a bad amount to lose--especially if you don't have a lot to go.

Weight loss is 80% diet related and only 20% exercise related---so adding more exercise won't necessarily give you the results you want. 

I personally think you may not be eating enough.  The only way to know for sure would be to count calories, which you said isn't a good think for your mental healthy.

iknitsweatersyo
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I would like to lose 30 lbs. I weigh 140 right now but im 5'1" so i look a lil chunky lol

I can try counting calories again to see if i can do it now that ive made a commitment to lose weight the healthy way.

Quoting CLEKate:

How much do you have to lose?  Cause that will make a huge impact on how quickly you can expect to lose.

2 pounds in a month means you have lost about 1/2 pound a week.  That is on the slow side, but still not a bad amount to lose--especially if you don't have a lot to go.

Weight loss is 80% diet related and only 20% exercise related---so adding more exercise won't necessarily give you the results you want. 

I personally think you may not be eating enough.  The only way to know for sure would be to count calories, which you said isn't a good think for your mental healthy.

mommy9518
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Sounds like your gaining muscle which is good bc your still loosing fat. Tou can still do the routines your doing but Try more cardio you just need to get your heart rate up high enough to burn more fat. Switch it up do one one day and the other the next. Good luck!
Mamaof357
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Have you ever heard of a site called my fitness pal? I use it to track my food and exercise and I find that it has helped me so much. I've lost 61 lbs since july of last year and I've also lost 14 in on my waist alone and 6 pants sizes. Its free you should check it out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)