Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Off Topic, but has anyone ever lost half a toenail?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 24 Replies
Not sure if anyone remembers, but last November I dropped a new bottle of shampoo on my big toe. Only half of my toe turned black (vertically). Well today, that half that turned black completely popped up and started cracking in half. What happens now? The other half of the toe nail is fine. How is it going to grow back?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I hate toenails and I usually have more lost toenails than actual nails. Im trying to think how they grow back.... I pretty much try not to look at the when they crack and break.... sorry Im of no help :/

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Will it look semi normal by the end of May you think? We have a Cali trip and planned on going to the beach. Plus all I ever wear are sandals when we're out and about.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

I hate toenails and I usually have more lost toenails than actual nails. Im trying to think how they grow back.... I pretty much try not to look at the when they crack and break.... sorry Im of no help :/

Aloysious
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM

It will grow back.  Cut off the dead part.  It will look awful and weird, but I've had this happen to my big toe, my second toe and my pinky finger.  They all grew back-took forever for the toe nails, but they did.

For some reason everytime I tried to type "toe" my fingers would type "tow"!  Annoying!

Aloysious
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM

It should be fine by the time of your cali trip.  That's far enough out.

nikki554
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I slammed my thumb in a window when I was a teenager adn lost the entire nail. It took almost a year for it to completly grow back. 

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Dh told me me to cut off the dead half as well. It does not look pretty!

Quoting Aloysious:

It will grow back.  Cut off the dead part.  It will look awful and weird, but I've had this happen to my big toe, my second toe and my pinky finger.  They all grew back-took forever for the toe nails, but they did.

For some reason everytime I tried to type "toe" my fingers would type "tow"!  Annoying!

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Yeah I dont see why enough wouldnt grow back by then. :)

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Will it look semi normal by the end of May you think? We have a Cali trip and planned on going to the beach. Plus all I ever wear are sandals when we're out and about.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Oh my! I hope it doesn't take that long!

Quoting nikki554:

I slammed my thumb in a window when I was a teenager adn lost the entire nail. It took almost a year for it to completly grow back. 

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Is it ok that I put a Band-Aid on it? I don't want people to see it, lol.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I hate band aids (maybe because they dont stay on?) but I dont see why not. 

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Is it ok that I put a Band-Aid on it? I don't want people to see it, lol.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)