Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How do you keep yourself from weighing in?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

I want to weigh myself! But if I weigh myself everyday I get crazy and obsess over every ounce. I promised myself this time I would only weigh myself weekly. But I want to run upstairs and look at the scale. Anybody else have this problem? If so, how do you keep yourself from jumping on the scale?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I weigh myself whenever I want but I only record Thursday morning weight (after I pee but before I eat). I only base my weight (gain since I'm pregnant atm, or weight loss when I'm not) on my Thursday numbers. It gives me a nice weekly overview and I forget the other days if I do weigh in more than once.

I've also had dh hide my scale to break my habit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janaz5
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I was weighing in weekly and also became obsessed and started doing it daily. I had my husband hide the scale and also I will not weigh myself after I eat so I try to eat breakfast very soon after I wake up.

Good luck!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dmwood
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I weigh myself in the morning after I pee but before I eat. I only record my weight from Friday (if I remember). If I forget it doesn't bother me I just wait until the next morning. It is a good idea to keep track of how your body fluctuates and such but the number should not divine or control you. 

itsm3
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:17 PM

because i know that the scale doesn't mean anything... inches lost and body fat percentage is what you should be using to gauge your progress.

eviesmom453
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I weigh myself all the time.

vboatner
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM

This. While I love when I see weight fall off, I love it even more when I see inches fall off because I know that that is what matters.

Quoting itsm3:

because i know that the scale doesn't mean anything... inches lost and body fat percentage is what you should be using to gauge your progress.

cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I weigh every morning but it works for me. Would drive me crazy not to
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Krystle21
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I don't have a scale for that very reason. I'm just measuring inches. I'll hop on a scale whenever I come across one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:35 AM

I weigh myself everyday, but I only record on Monday.  I usually weigh myself after my workout at night right before my bath, since I'm naked and the scale is right there lol.  Otherwise I make it a point to record my weight on Monday mornings after I pee.  

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
kbornman21
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:43 AM
I record my weight on Mondays, but I weigh myself everyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)