Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Just want to share my discovery. :-)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I've been bad the last week, but I'm determined to get back on the wagon. I got a Hamilton beach personal blender. I'd seen it, and figured it was probably crap at 15 bucks. But my mom inspired me by throwing in whatever into hers and making yumminess. I made a smoothie this morning that was just awesomely filling. No dairy. (can't get past the taste of almond milk, ick). I threw in:

5 baby carrots
1 cup of baby spinach
1/2 a banana
5 slices of frozen strawberries
1/2 a hass avocado
Ice and water to texture

It made 24 oz of smoothie. I didn't like it at first, but I made it so I drank it. I stuck the other half in the fridge and just finished it. It's perfect when cold!!! I'm full right now and I just knocked out my days veggies (I did right?) in a shake. I feel good lol.

My next adventure will have oranges, carrots, and water to make a smoothie. Sounds like a yummy mix.

Any other mixes I should try? I'm not big on straight fruit smoothies. I'm looking for filling and kinda sweet which means veggies with a fruit highlight. It feels so good to be full on the good stuff :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Barb10
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Im gonna try smooothies again in my ninja.I bought a juicer and it takes so much fruit just to get 1 glass of juice.It wasnt even worth it.I see how that can cost a lot.

Smilely08
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I just purchased a blender yesterday and made my 1st smoothie it was awesome! I made it with almonds,bananas,yogurt,oatmeal and ice. I have found alot of smoothie recipes on pinterest!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
See I've always heard that the membranes have the nutrients so if you extract the juice you lose a lot. And unless you garden and use it as compost, it's such a waste.

Quoting Barb10:

Im gonna try smooothies again in my ninja.I bought a juicer and it takes so much fruit just to get 1 glass of juice.It wasnt even worth it.I see how that can cost a lot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barb10
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I know.I juiced like 5 apples and the cup was still not even half full.I felt like I wasted my $$ on the juicer.Im gonan start using my ninja again.Bananas are good alone too with ice and a lil milk,my kids love em!

Quoting MissTacoBell:

See I've always heard that the membranes have the nutrients so if you extract the juice you lose a lot. And unless you garden and use it as compost, it's such a waste.

Quoting Barb10:

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Do you have to cut everything up first? I bought dh a big boss blender for Christmas but maybe I'll try using it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Nope! I just throw everything in and blam! Whole baby carrots, I've cubes, etc.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Do you have to cut everything up first? I bought dh a big boss blender for Christmas but maybe I'll try using it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I want to get a ninja to make a smoothie. Dh and I are bad about eating out produce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Thanks.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Nope! I just throw everything in and blam! Whole baby carrots, I've cubes, etc.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)