Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

what do you do when your sick?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM
  • 7 Replies
What do you ladies do about working out when your sick? I really don't wanna miss my work out tonight but the thought of core synergistics is daunting right now.
I don't have the flu ot anything, but an upper respritory infection coupled with a sinus infection. I can barely breath ad it is!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I was told if it's in your head (runny/stuffy nose, headache, etc) you can exercise. If it's in your chest, you should rest.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:26 PM

If you have an upper respiratory, do not workout. It could lead to something more serious. 

Head cold- yes

Chest- no ( upper respiratory would fit in here)

Take time off and get well. Core Syn will still be there as will the rest of P90X.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

lacilyn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Really? I had no idea if its in your chest not to work out.
Dh told me I needed to rest, and just make it up on my next rest day, or when I do x stretch. I should of asked my dr today but didn't think about it. I did get in a walk today though and it about killed me! Its so windy here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Rest.  You don't want to make things worse and be out even longer!  Feel better!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Ug, wind is even worse! Then it's like impossible to breathe.
Yeah, if it's in your chest, get some rest. I know it sucks, but it's not worth being sick even longer, or making yourself worse. We all get sick. Take care of yourself, and look forward to getting back on the road! :-) Don't make up for lost time, though- ease back in, or you risk injuring yourself and making things bad.

Quoting lacilyn:

Really? I had no idea if its in your chest not to work out.

Dh told me I needed to rest, and just make it up on my next rest day, or when I do x stretch. I should of asked my dr today but didn't think about it. I did get in a walk today though and it about killed me! Its so windy here!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

i dont' work out bc i've learned that i just prolong my illness if i workout while sick and i'd rather take a week off to get better than 2wks because i've prolonged my cold.

REST.  your body needs it.

lacilyn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Thank all of you ladies for your input =) I took it easy last night and went to bed early. Still feeling kinda groggy though. But a fraction better than yesterday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN