Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I finished my 5k today in 27:40! I was shooting for under 29 but secretly hoping I could do under 28....just didn't think I could. Well, I did!! And I got 1st place in my age group!!! I've never placed before!! Given this was a smaller race with about 400 racers and all my friends who run who are fast didn't do this one....but still, I was proud! I'll take it :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome job!
flowrsgalore
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Yaa Hoo for the new pr & first in your age group!  Did you win a prize? you are holding a ticket.  I have never won any give aways at a race, oh wait yeah Idid win an extra t shirt once. It was pretty forgettable. I'd be printing that race result page & marking up that bib w/ stats for sure if i won my age category.

roxysmommy
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM

That's awesome!!! Congrats!!!

K_D88
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Way to go that is so awesome!!!!
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I did! I won a ticket to the strawberry festival. The race is in plant city (which is the winter strawberry capital of the world) and the festival is a huge deal here. We go at least twice every year so this will just save us a little money ;)

Quoting flowrsgalore:

Yaa Hoo for the new pr & first in your age group!  Did you win a prize? you are holding a ticket.  I have never won any give aways at a race, oh wait yeah Idid win an extra t shirt once. It was pretty forgettable. I'd be printing that race result page & marking up that bib w/ stats for sure if i won my age category.

flowrsgalore
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Yup I've noticed our strawberrys are coming from FL. Winning an enrty into another race is pretty cool, especially since you'd be going for the festival anyways.  Now you just get to get up earlier in the morning and head over, ha ha. I guess pack a wash cloth & a change of clothes. Good luck & get another pr!

Quoting MamaJessx3:

I did! I won a ticket to the strawberry festival. The race is in plant city (which is the winter strawberry capital of the world) and the festival is a huge deal here. We go at least twice every year so this will just save us a little money ;)

Quoting flowrsgalore:

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Great job mama!!
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Way to go! That is awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twnkedee
by Tia on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome Jess!! Way to go!! Look out half marathon!

qslaqhay
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Yeiiii so exited :-) congratulations
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)