Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

WHY?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

Why does it seem that when I go on a diet, THAT is when food commercials, advertising, or people just talking about food is EVERYWHERE!  LOL 

This is not a real rant, I know it's usually there, but the minute I go on a diet, it feels like it's everywhere.  It's just one of those things you never notice, until you can't have it.  UGH!

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I feel ya!!! They do it at the beginning of the year since of nyr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Don't forbid yourself from eating what you want. Just watch you calories. Burn more than you eat. Most restaurants have meals under 500 cal now a days for people who are watching their weight. If you forbid yourself from certain foods I find that you fail and feel guilty and stress out.
opal10161973
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I am on a very specific diet that I go to a clinic once a week and also get shots.  I do not eat anything that is not on the plan.  Not ever.  I have tried all the others and they have never worked for me, so I sought out professional help.  So far, it's working. 

I do not mind forbidding myself right now.  Mind you, I am only 10 days into it, but it's hard when you have gotten to my size- to tell yourself no.  I need to do it this way.  I am not just trying to lose a few pounds, I need to lose 177 pounds total.  I NEED to change my whole outlook on food, just telling myself to eat less won't work. 

I can still lament about not being able to eat pizza though.  I miss it.  SIGH. 

It's better to miss a food I love and be healthy, than to allow myself a food that is killing me slowly.

Quoting KawaiiLila:

Don't forbid yourself from eating what you want. Just watch you calories. Burn more than you eat. Most restaurants have meals under 500 cal now a days for people who are watching their weight. If you forbid yourself from certain foods I find that you fail and feel guilty and stress out.

coffellmom
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM

pizza i suggest maybe getting tortia, turkey peperoni, and souce and low fat cheese. every once in awhile it would be okay to have it that way.

opal10161973
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I am not allowed to have tortillas or tomato sauce.  Blah.  I am going to get one of those big mushroom caps and use it as one- with the turkey pepperoni and cheese, I swear.  LOL

Quoting coffellmom:

pizza i suggest maybe getting tortia, turkey peperoni, and souce and low fat cheese. every once in awhile it would be okay to have it that way.

KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I understand. While I don't have as much to lose as you I do have about 85 lbs total to lose. I am a month in and 10.4 lbs down. It's all about finding what works for you.

Quoting opal10161973:

I am on a very specific diet that I go to a clinic once a week and also get shots.  I do not eat anything that is not on the plan.  Not ever.  I have tried all the others and they have never worked for me, so I sought out professional help.  So far, it's working. 

I do not mind forbidding myself right now.  Mind you, I am only 10 days into it, but it's hard when you have gotten to my size- to tell yourself no.  I need to do it this way.  I am not just trying to lose a few pounds, I need to lose 177 pounds total.  I NEED to change my whole outlook on food, just telling myself to eat less won't work. 

It's better to miss a food I love and be healthy, than to allow myself a food that is killing me slowly.

Quoting KawaiiLila:

opal10161973
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I am down 7 pounds in the first week, so it's working, but my mind isn't all the way on board just yet.  LOL 

Quoting KawaiiLila:

I understand. While I don't have as much to lose as you I do have about 85 lbs total to lose. I am a month in and 10.4 lbs down. It's all about finding what works for you.

Quoting opal10161973:

Quoting KawaiiLila:

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Oh I hear ya. Stay strong!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)