Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Is everyone here done having kids?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 40 Replies

Sorry if this has been posted before, I'm a new-ish member so I have missed a lot. Anyway, I think I want one more baby. But I am pretty much terrified of going through pregnancy and doing the weight gain and loss process again. I have worked so hard to get the weight off. I have no issue being active and eating healthy during pregnancy... but if my next is anything like my last 2, I'm going to get sick for the first few months and not be able to be active. Anyone have any tips or suggestions for pregnancy after weight loss? 

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I am unsure about whether or not I want any more. Most days I say no.... but if I had another I wouldn't be horribly upset. I don't really worry about that when it comes to weight loss. My theory is that if I lose the weight I want to the first time and keep to a healthy lifestyle during a pregnancy, there'd be less to lose the second time

johnny4ever
Beautiful day!
Yesterday at 8:35 AM
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I only had one then I had to have a partial Hysterectomy.I really wanted another but..medically I knew the risk if I tried.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I'm done...pregnancy tries to kill me, so I had my tubes tied 4 years ago.. 

Don't let it deter you from having more children if that is what you wish! You've done it before, you can do it again. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

itsm3
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM

as long as you keep eating clean and eating right, you should be ok.  check wiht your doc re: exercise throughout pregnancy; that's what i would do (eat clean/exercise during pregnancy)

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM
We are for sure done. We have two and that's plenty. I think you'll be okay as long as you aren't filling yourself up with crap food and do some kind of exercise that's doctor approved.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babiegurl47
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I'm done. 2 is plenty for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Planning to have more.

You can generally continue any exercise you were doing before, but listen to your body.  Carry more water with you, lower the intensity, and be sure to have a snack handy.

For calories, here are the general guidelines for the increase:

First trimester- no additional calories

Second trimester- 300 additional calories

Third trimester- 450 additional calories (not on top of the 300)

Breastfeeding- 500 additional calories

Sticking with these guidelines will give you a good sense of how much more you can eat.  =)

Look for EricaSmerica, too.  She lost about 100 lbs, and is almost through another pregnancy right now (and has kept her gain to a healthy amount).  She might be a good resource for you!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I'm not even closes lol.  I only have one (who is 4.5) and want 3-5 so....yeah.  Its just taking forever so I might as well get in shape now lol. 

toopicky429
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM
We want two or three more kids. I lost all my pregnancy weight within a month of my two kids being born. Sadly I put weight on later. My youngest will be six in April. I hope that by losing weight we will finally conceive. We've been trying for number three for over three years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I did a womens only 5k last year for mothers day and this one lady who ran it was VERY pregnant (I'd say at least 8 months).  They say as long as your body was used to exercising as you were before you were pregnant than you can contine during pregnancy.  So if you are running about 15 miles a week pre pregnancy you can continue if you get pregnant.  Just listen to your body and stay hydrated.  You just dont want to all of a sudden start higher intensity exercises when you get pregnant.  Such as not running at all or running 6 miles a week and then all of a sudden bumping it up to 15-20 miles a week.  

I gained about 62lbs during my pregnancy with my daughter I had lost about 45 of it originally (which put me in the healthy weight range, right in the middle of the normal range), but then I gained a bunch back and was 1-2lbs from being in the overweight range.  Now I'm looking to be back on the lower end of the healthy range and learning to change my eating habbits.  If we get pregnant I'll continue my healthy eating.  I may not continue with insanity but I may do some Wii workouts or lower intensity workouts or go for longer or more frequent walks with my daughter and St. Bernard.  :)

Quoting musicpisces:

Planning to have more.

You can generally continue any exercise you were doing before, but listen to your body.  Carry more water with you, lower the intensity, and be sure to have a snack handy.

For calories, here are the general guidelines for the increase:

First trimester- no additional calories

Second trimester- 300 additional calories

Third trimester- 450 additional calories (not on top of the 300)

Breastfeeding- 500 additional calories

Sticking with these guidelines will give you a good sense of how much more you can eat.  =)

Look for EricaSmerica, too.  She lost about 100 lbs, and is almost through another pregnancy right now (and has kept her gain to a healthy amount).  She might be a good resource for you!  =)

Follow me on my "Insanity" journey: http://mom2olivia08.blogspot.com/

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)