Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

It's finally a family affair!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
After two years of off and on weight loss for me..my husband is finally on board we me on the get healthy and stay healthy.
We nixed pop and most junk a few weeks ago and have switch most of our meals to as much real whole foods as possible. I even stopped buying all snack crackers, fruit snacks and unhealthy snacks of any kind for the kids.
I struggled giving up the pop at first, and even was sometimes at a loss of what to give the kids for snacks. I had to completely reprogram myself on it. Lol the kids and hubby did well with the change and we all feel better and have a lot more energy!
Now hubby and I are going to start weighing in together once a week and keeping each other accountable with working out.
It is nice having everyone else on board with me now!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kary1124
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
thats awesome! i would love for my df to be more on board with me..
Mrs.Torres2566
by Amanda on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I WISH my husband was like that. He moans and groans he needs to lose about 50 lbs (even tho he carries it well) but whenever he agrees to a diet he acts like a starving lunatic. Yesterday between lunch and dinner he wanted a snack because he was dying of hunger, so I gave him a salad and told him he could have some cottage cheese too. He dumps the whole container on top of the salad. Really? And today after dinner he sat there and ate 4 pieces of white bread, and then proceeded to tell me every doctor reccomends a diet high in carbs. If your an athlete maybe! Ugh. He is the reason I can't stick to diets. He does this everytime until I get frustrated and give up.

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Lol
My hubby wasn't too bad to begin with. He just liked to have pop in the house and a few other unhealthy meals/snacks.
He is the one that makes me mad though. Hes the type to just cut out pop or a snack and lose 5 lbs in a week. It takes me busting my butt and counting every calorie to lose 1lb. Lol

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

I WISH my husband was like that. He moans and groans he needs to lose about 50 lbs (even tho he carries it well) but whenever he agrees to a diet he acts like a starving lunatic. Yesterday between lunch and dinner he wanted a snack because he was dying of hunger, so I gave him a salad and told him he could have some cottage cheese too. He dumps the whole container on top of the salad. Really? And today after dinner he sat there and ate 4 pieces of white bread, and then proceeded to tell me every doctor reccomends a diet high in carbs. If your an athlete maybe! Ugh. He is the reason I can't stick to diets. He does this everytime until I get frustrated and give up.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM

That's awesome!  I wish I could get DH to join me on this. 

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Mrs.Torres2566
by Amanda on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM

DH can eat the worlds worst crap, I will eat healthy, he will lose and I will gain. In fact, right now he is eating a piece of chocolate chip cookie cake (left over from his birthday). SMH, why do I even try?!

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Lol
My hubby wasn't too bad to begin with. He just liked to have pop in the house and a few other unhealthy meals/snacks.
He is the one that makes me mad though. Hes the type to just cut out pop or a snack and lose 5 lbs in a week. It takes me busting my butt and counting every calorie to lose 1lb. Lol

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:15 AM

That is wonderful mama!  Good for you guys!

dmwood
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Awesome! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)