Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

OMG Insanity!!!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM
  • 22 Replies
So I did insanity for the 1st time tonight. OMG.... I got through 10 min and I couldn't do anymore. On the plus side my dh actually got up and did it with me. I don't think I'm even close to ready for it but If that is a way to get my dh I work out with me I'm ganna stuck with it as long as I can. Lord help me ......everyone please pray for me haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM

You can do it!  That's awesome your hubby is on board!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

aprilsalcro
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Good luck ! It only gets harder imo. But stick with it and you will like your results. Are you a beginner?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thomasmom07
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I'm glad he is. I've been trying to get him to do little things like take walks with me and he has refused to so I will take this even if I feel like I'm ganna die lol

Quoting musicpisces:

You can do it!  That's awesome your hubby is on board!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thomasmom07
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Yes I have just started working out. All I've really been doing is walking so this is a HUGE change! I have about 100 lbs to lose so I'm extremely out of shape! My friend is doing it and its kicking her butt and she's in way better shape than me but hopefully I can push through lol

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Good luck ! It only gets harder imo. But stick with it and you will like your results. Are you a beginner?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Just keep with it.  Even if you can't do everything like they do, just do as much as you can.  You WILL get stronger.  The first time I did it I started off with modified push-ups and finally could do regular push ups for most of the sets.  Right now I'm back to doing modified push-ups but I can do even more of them.  Insanity is no joke.  It is a HARD workout!

Thomasmom07
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Should I continue on to day 2 tomorrow or keep doing day 1 till I can make it all the way through? We were only able to make it about half way through it today.

Quoting armygirl16:

Just keep with it.  Even if you can't do everything like they do, just do as much as you can.  You WILL get stronger.  The first time I did it I started off with modified push-ups and finally could do regular push ups for most of the sets.  Right now I'm back to doing modified push-ups but I can do even more of them.  Insanity is no joke.  It is a HARD workout!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:06 AM

If you do try it again only do it one more time.  Push yourself during the workout but make sure to rest when you need to.  If you can't do something just try.  When they do the in and outs right after the level 1 drills I can barely do them.  I can do about 1 for every 4 that they do.  The first set I might be able to do 1 for every 2 that they do, by the 3rd set at some times I can only do 1 for every 4-5 that they do lol.  But I figure I am working my muscles and pushing myself and I'm feeling sore the day after, so it is definitely working. Some of the DVD's are pretty hard (don't let "cardio recovery" fool you, it is my least favorite...and that is tonight for me lol).  You will get it, it will take a little time though.  That is why they have the fit tests, so you can see how much you have improved throughout the course of the DVDs.  

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Should I continue on to day 2 tomorrow or keep doing day 1 till I can make it all the way through? We were only able to make it about half way through it today.

Quoting armygirl16:

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
aprilsalcro
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Take it easy. Insanity is not the program to start off with however if you have the right mind set you can do it !

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Yes I have just started working out. All I've really been doing is walking so this is a HUGE change! I have about 100 lbs to lose so I'm extremely out of shape! My friend is doing it and its kicking her butt and she's in way better shape than me but hopefully I can push through lol

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cntrdmom
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:31 AM
I want insanity. But I dot have any time to work out right now and I've proven with P90X that I don't commit well to at home DVD workouts. Hopefully very soon I can get back in the gym with classes (and childcare) and add insanity to my regiment once I have a consistant workout down.

Keep us posted on how it goes and your results! Even if doin modified exercises it's probably going to help a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Insanity is definitely not a workout for beginners, but good luck to you mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN