Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
So I did insanity for the 1st time tonight. OMG.... I got through 10 min and I couldn't do anymore. On the plus side my dh actually got up and did it with me. I don't think I'm even close to ready for it but If that is a way to get my dh I work out with me I'm ganna stuck with it as long as I can. Lord help me ......everyone please pray for me haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Good luck... I kinda wish you had asked us our opinion before getting it.. I could have steered you towards some other BB programs that are better for beginners. Insanity is just not the beginner program. It is fantastic, but I never recommend it to people just starting out as I hate to see people get discouraged and quit. 

If you can get past the 9 minute warm up, and do a few more minutes of it, that is great. It gets progressively harder in month 2. Do it at your pace. Drink plenty of water and do the stretches in the DVDs. 

Let me know if you have questions. I'm a former coach and a graduate of about 7 programs. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

fairyjester
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Just keep going, you will go longer everytime.

I remember back when I did it. How good it felt the first time I noticed the o. Screen people were taking a rest before I was,
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fairyjester
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Eh I was way out of shape when I did it.

with shaun'. Attitude and mannerism its hard to get discouraged.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Good luck... I kinda wish you had asked us our opinion before getting it.. I could have steered you towards some other BB programs that are better for beginners. Insanity is just not the beginner program. It is fantastic, but I never recommend it to people just starting out as I hate to see people get discouraged and quit. 

If you can get past the 9 minute warm up, and do a few more minutes of it, that is great. It gets progressively harder in month 2. Do it at your pace. Drink plenty of water and do the stretches in the DVDs. 

Let me know if you have questions. I'm a former coach and a graduate of about 7 programs. 

fairyjester
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I would keep going in order.

but if you are not in great shape you might do what I did. Which was do the first month twice before moving on to the second. Cause that shit gets way harder

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Should I continue on to day 2 tomorrow or keep doing day 1 till I can make it all the way through? We were only able to make it about half way through it today.

Quoting armygirl16:

Just keep with it.  Even if you can't do everything like they do, just do as much as you can.  You WILL get stronger.  The first time I did it I started off with modified push-ups and finally could do regular push ups for most of the sets.  Right now I'm back to doing modified push-ups but I can do even more of them.  Insanity is no joke.  It is a HARD workout!

qslaqhay
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Ohh my! I have it for a almost 2 yrs and still cant do it!!!

Good luck with it. I hope u do finish it and get the results you want :-)
itsm3
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

it gets easier... just keep at it and modify when you need to.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I'd be the same way!  I'd give a kidney to have my hubby jump on board!  I keep trying to get him to go walking, too.

Quoting Thomasmom07:

I'm glad he is. I've been trying to get him to do little things like take walks with me and he has refused to so I will take this even if I feel like I'm ganna die lol

Quoting musicpisces:

You can do it!  That's awesome your hubby is on board!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Thomasmom07
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM
My dh got it from a friend so luckily if we do end up not being able to make it through than there was no money wasted.

I know its not great for beginners but I am mainly doing this for my dh. I have been trying to get him to walk with me or do some of the work out videos I have and he would always just till his eyes and refuse to do it. He got excited when he came home with insanity so I figured I would try it if it gets him on board. Hopefully of he isn't able to make it through he will try something less intense.

What other videos would you suggest that would be good for us to do together if this doesn't work out. The only video I have at this point is a walk away pounds with Leslie Sansone.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thomasmom07
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM
These workouts are no joke that's for sure but I'm hoping I can make it through :)

Quoting qslaqhay:

Ohh my! I have it for a almost 2 yrs and still cant do it!!!

Good luck with it. I hope u do finish it and get the results you want :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Quoting Thomasmom07:

My dh got it from a friend so luckily if we do end up not being able to make it through than there was no money wasted.

I know its not great for beginners but I am mainly doing this for my dh. I have been trying to get him to walk with me or do some of the work out videos I have and he would always just till his eyes and refuse to do it. He got excited when he came home with insanity so I figured I would try it if it gets him on board. Hopefully of he isn't able to make it through he will try something less intense.

What other videos would you suggest that would be good for us to do together if this doesn't work out. The only video I have at this point is a walk away pounds with Leslie Sansone.

Quoting mcginnisc:

I would recommend P90 or P90X. P90 is the "mommy" program to X. Many people think X is difficult, but it is much easier than Insanity. It is based on lifting weights and the workouts can be modified whereas Insanity isn't really modifiable since there is so much Plyo involved. 

If it gets him up and moving, that is awesome!! You have to enjoy what you are doing or else you won't stick with it. I hope you guys end up liking it! It is one of my favorite BB workouts... I also dig Asylum, which is the sequel to Insanity. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN