Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Oatmeal!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:32 AM
  • 11 Replies
What kind of oatmeal do you use and how do you prepare it?

I was getting quick oats and making them in the microwave and putting a little sweetener in it. I just got some organic rolled oats and oh my! They are yummy! I made them on the stove and added a little sweetener...YUM!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deputygirls28
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I use the old fashioned quick oats. Sometimes I eat it plain or add a little bit of syrup just depends on how I'm feeling that day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I use rolled oats for when I decide to eat oatmeal. I am lazy and make it in the microwave though... 

1/2 cup dried oats, hot water- nuke it, then I add fresh berries ( blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries) and local organic honey. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM
I can't eat it; I get a "brick in my stomach" feeling and it's very uncomfortable. It also raises my blood sugar levels worse than a candy bar does.
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I am a fan of steel cut oats.  Can't eat the regular quick stuff anymore---tastes like crap!  The processing of the steel cut requires that cook longer, but also makes them more filling and harder to digest---so they stick with you longer.

I tend to cook a batch on Sunday, then portion out for the week.  I have available for breakfast and for bedtime snack.

I like to add a packet of Splenda and cinammon to mine.

itsm3
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM
calsmom62
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Old fashioned oats, cold water. Cooked on low. I add a bit of milk and blackstrap molasses. It refrigerated well so I can make a pot of it for the whole week and just warm a bowl in the micro.
Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM

My sister loves steel cut oats.  I can't stand oatmeal.  It's a texture thing.  They make me gag.

johnny4ever
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Yummo!

Momforhealth
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I eat an organic quick oatmeal....has flaxseed. Maple brown sugar. So good my kids eat it.
chrisnjoesmom
Dreaming of cooler weather so we can enjoy the outdoors!
Yesterday at 8:15 PM
by Adrienne on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Well I will admit I get the ones in packets usually. I like the apple flavor and then I bake an apple in the micro and add it to it. But in my defense, I just bought some old fashioned oats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)